1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Eastern Conf. 1st Round] Cleveland Cavs vs. Detroit Pistons

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Rockets34Legend, Apr 15, 2009.

?

Who will win?

1. Cavaliers

161 vote(s)
    89.9%
  2. Pistons

18 vote(s)
    10.1%
  1. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Did you even watch the games? The Pistons played like sissies and LeBron attacked the rim at will.

I liked Ernie Johnson's comment about Will Bynum guarding LeBron near the end of game 4 and giving up the dunk, "Will Bynum was given a blindfold and cigarette".

2. tchou

tchou Contributing Member

I did watch the series, and I hope you did as well. If you qualified your statement to say: the Pistons played poorly for game 4. I would completely agree. I don't think their efforts for the previous three games were nearly as bad as you put it.

And while I completely agree that LBJ was the most aggressive player in the series. But does LBJ's aggression actually warrant that much of a free-throw discrepancy?

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

We all know the Cavs are a very good team and the Pistons didn't have much of a chance in the series. But they got swept and lost by an average of 15 points/game. Besides McDyess, Stuckey and Rip (maybe you could add Will Bynum), they didn't compete. The first two games in Cleveland didn't even seem like playoff games they were so casual, the announcers even commented on it. The Pistons' effort was pathetic. They played like losers. In game 3, where you would have expected them to come roaring out and lay it all on the line, only 2-3 Pistons players acted like they cared in the 1st half. In the 2nd half, the entire team opened up a can of "quit".

I didn't see anything wrong with the FT disparity. LeBron was possessed, motived and aggressive all 4 games. He didn't want a sliver of doubt to creep in and decided to carry the Cavs on his back because Delonte West and Mo Williams shot the ball so poorly.

4. Like A Breath

Like A Breath Member

I don't know if anyone keeps these stats, but I'd bet good money that LeBron attacked the basket and got hacked more times by himself than the entire Pistons team. Detroit has piss poor defensive rotation, so most of their fouls were blatant grabs that had no choice but to be called.