1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Eastern Conf. 1st Round] Cleveland Cavs vs. Detroit Pistons

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Rockets34Legend, Apr 15, 2009.

?

Who will win?

1. Cavaliers

161 vote(s)
    89.9%
  2. Pistons

18 vote(s)
    10.1%
  1. Shaud

Shaud Member

I have given up on all hope of Detroit at least making it worth some type of series.

2. Like A Breath

Like A Breath Member

LeBron gets to the basket any time he wants against this team, I don't see them being able to slow him down nearly enough to win the series.

3. magnomonkey

magnomonkey Member

Van Gundy just said we would blow out the blazers :)

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Good ole Gundy lol.

You have to love his loyalty, hope we prove him right tonight.

5. Like A Breath

Like A Breath Member

Cavs way too casual with their lead, letting LeBron sit so that the game could go back to single digits.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

:eek: ZzzzZzzzzZzz

Iverson would at least make this watchable.

7. echu888

echu888 Member

Anyone see the segment, LeBron's top 5 favorite athletes growing up... He named himself. The guy is onboard with the hype machine, and really loves himself, it's kind of nauseating.

Watching him dominate the league is the same as watching Shaq bully the league for several years. Not much pleasure there..

Also, how did Detroit make the playoffs? Their offensive ineptitude makes the Rockets look like Showtime.

8. magnomonkey

magnomonkey Member

I was jealous of Lebron too for ahwhile....but you gotta give it to him you would love yourself if you were that amazing. If you have no pleasure watching him then you have no love for the game, because what he does is basketball at its finest.

9. Tigerknee

Tigerknee Contributing Member

If I had his skillset, I would name myself five times. Yes I'm nauseating.

10. echu888

echu888 Member

Sorry, one thing about athletes is that I prefer those who carry themselves with a bit of humility, regardless of their level of play. Of course, it's not all that common.

It just happened that I was watching the game with my wife and I was describing to her how LeBron really seems to love himself, then that T-Mobile top 5 segment came on. Lo and behold ...

11. magnomonkey

magnomonkey Member

You have to remember hes a kid at heart and hes still young he still has time to mature a little bit more. Overall its the game of basketball and his desire, discipline, and dedication are what appreciate about him the most.

12. ibm

ibm Member

i've always found lebron's game boring. so is the game of the pistons in the last decade or so.

i fell sleep in the 3rd quarter. :cool:

13. HombreDeHierro

i think this was just a product of the terrible defense

14. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

And he was laughing like crazy about it since it was obviously in jest because he was having a hard time thinking of a fifth athlete on the spot. From all accounts from fellow athletes and media members who know more abut LeBron than what is seen on TV, he's a GREAT guy, and A LOT more humble than someone like say, Kobe.

Watching "Road to Redmption" last summer really showed this about him.

15. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

while his teammates seem to love him and he seems to be a good guy, i don't know if he's the most humble guy ever (how can you be when you're that good?). i mean he has a "Chosen 1" tattoo on his back.

16. Microfridge

Microfridge Contributing Member

Did anyone else catch it when the Cavs rick roll'd the Pistons? It was during hte 4th quarter and they were playing the rick roll song in the arena. I remember the annoucing team cracking up :D

17. coldsweat

coldsweat Member

after seeing the box score for this game, with stuckey shooting 33%, i wonder why dumars and curry esteem him so highly. the dude isn't known for his ability to make plays for others. he's a scoring guard, but he has only shown this ability in flashes. he only averaged 13 points on 43% shooting for the season, and pistons fans have been clamoring for will bynum over him.

i don't see why the question was never this season - should we bench stuckey instead of should we bench hamilton or iverson? you have two dudes who have established themselves in the lague, why not start them both, you don't have a traditional point guard anyways. part of the lack of on court chemistry could be attributed to the feud, and they could have avoided it by benching stuckey.

18. coldsweat

coldsweat Member

19. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Last season, Stuckey showed he had big-time upside. This season, the dysfunctionality on the Pistons with AI's presence and Michael Curry being such a sorry coach completely ruined their team chemistry. Instead of going to another level, Stuckey made no progress this year beyond flashes of promise. Jason Maxiell also regressed from last year.

I think both guys will be OK next year, especially if the Pistons fire Curry, who has no business being a head coach right now. Since I dislike the Pistons a lot, I hope Curry survives and returns.

20. coldsweat

coldsweat Member

yeah, i was really surprised to see maxiell fall off as he did, i remember him as this indefatigable motor who crashed the offensive boards as well as anyone in the league.