1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

E3 2015

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by jev5555, Jun 15, 2015.

1. Outlier

Outlier Member

I have a hunch theyll go back to an active battle system. And all the materia hunting... That was fun.

2. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

Nier 2 just got announced. Hot damn. One of my fav games last gen. This is the best E3.

So many games I want; FF7 remake, Neir 2, Shenmue 3, Uncharted 4, Last Guardian, Dark Souls 3, BO3, YOshi Wooly Amiibo, 8 bit Mario Amiibo, SF5, and maybe Fall Out 4/Battlefront/Rare Replay.

#122 chow_yun_fat, Jun 16, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
  3. PhiSlammaJamma

Are the new MS controllers requiring batteries?

4. joesr

joesr Member

these remakes dont do it for me................and damn George!

5. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

From what I read, yes it requires batteries. If I was a hardcore competitive gamer I would consider it, but not at $150. Oh wait, maybe you're talking about the standard edition. Either way, they both still use batteries.

6. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

While I'm thoroughly jacked for this, especially knowing that Platinum is working on it...WHAT THE **** NINTENDO? METROID PRIME FOR 3DS? ARE YOU JOKING WITH ME?

Glad I sold my Nintendo. Still not buying another one until the new Zelda is in sight...speaking of which...where was that?

If Retro isn't working on a full fledged Metroid Prime for Wii U, Nintendo's software management team all need to be fired.

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

At x games, there were some third party professional controllers that they were showing off. Much cheaper

8. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

apparently some combo of 30 RARE games for 30 bucks coming out...but no goldeneye? pffff i would have bought it just for that game alone

9. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

The new stuff on Kingdom Hearts 3 looks fantastic. Wish we could get some type of release window. Holiday 2016 would be a perfect time but it feels like we won't see this for real till 2018

10. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

i quit playing gears after gears 2...that franchise moved over to microsoft or someone right?

i loved the first gears.

11. mrm32

mrm32 Member

That's what I was hoping for as well. A new Zelda game. I was really let down but this is Nintendo and they march to the beat of their own drum.

12. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Microsoft bought the franchise after Gears 3, and it's now being made by their own in house studio (The Coalition, formerly Black Tusk) that they built from the ground up specifically to milk the **** out of the Gears IP.

See also: 343 Industries / Halo.

They definitely do. It just boggles my mind that a company so good at releasing a billion games under one IP (see also: Mario Tennis Ultra Smash) would neglect to cater to the one audience that is really evading them (hardcore gamers). I get that they think they can't compete with Xbox One / PS4 on the graphics front (and they can't), but that doesn't mean you can't steal some sales here and there.

If they hadn't took as long as they did to start pushing some good stuff out like Smash Brothers, I'd still have my Wii U. Perfection takes time, but I have to believe that if they didn't spend the first 2 years of the Wii U's life cycle dragging their asses they'd be a lot better off. I love Nintendo so much, which is why this is so frustrating to me. Ah well.

#132 seclusion, Jun 16, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
  13. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Apparently Nintendo is rumored to be releasing a new system soon codenamed the NX. Zelda is still supposed to come to the WiiU, but will no doubt come to this new system as well.

And I am with seclusion being thoroughly disappointed by what Nintendo showed about Metroid. What a joke. They know what we want. Best chance for a legit Metroid game is when they release a new system now. I won't be buying it until I see legitimate entry in the Metroid series released for it.

14. KDJ3

KDJ3 Contributing Member

Man. This wait has been insufferable...but I really hope that it's worth it. It does look amazing.

15. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Yea they briefly mentioned the NX in their Nintendo Direct. They'll be showing it at next year's E3 is what I think they said. Doesn't make any sense since the Wii U just came out not too long ago.

16. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

Maybe I should sell my 360 and Xbone for a new reverse compatible Xbone.

17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Sad that it's apparently not coming for 360, I think many budget gamers like myself would be all over this. :(

18. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

You can get a great Energizer Recharge kit for $20. I've had mine since launch, works awesome.

Huh? All Xbox Ones can play the backwards compatible games. It is just done via emulation software from an Xbox One update.

19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Have you tried 360 games on the one?

20. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

It's a limited library right now. They're going to add more 360 titles over time.