1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

E3 2014 Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RC Cola, Jun 9, 2014.

1. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Hmm.

I was kinda disappointed with the X trailer. I see others are bashing it too, but I think I/we are probably being too harsh though. Maybe. Hopefully. I don't know. 2015 is a ways off still.

Apparently Devil's Third (next game from the Ninja Gaiden/DOA guy) is Wii U exclusive. I missed that reveal in the IGN stream.

2. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Baybrook is going down 45 south in that Clear Lake area.

Yeah I don't think I'll be attending that, but if someone does let us know you're impressions please :grin:

3. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Yeah I thought that was clear lake, just didn't want someone to come in and be like "baybrook is in el paso" or some ish.

4. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

Suda 51 (grasshopper) (Let It Die) or Shinji Mikami (platinum) (Scalebound)? They both make games for a niche market that don't sell well, but are usually over hyped. Wasn't impressed with either of their trailer. Let it die looks like a weird killing game and scalebound looks like dante trapped in monster hunter.

5. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Hyrule Warriors & Super Smash Bros are still coming this year. But yeah, other than those & MK8, they haven't done much for 2014 as far as adding Wii U games.

For me it works as I like to replay games, and don't have time to play more than a few games per year, but it is a problem for those who churn through games.

6. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Its what happens when you make a cinematic trailer emulate a gameplay trailer and then show the gameplay trailer (with non prerendered footage).

7. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Baybrook is in clear lake area. Right off 45. I was there for the MK8 event and it was dead. I don't think many people cared.

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So is anything coming out for last gen?

9. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Sorry, I've been waiting to do this for awhile.

10. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Smash Bros still has a good community of players in the Houston area so I wouldn't be surprised if it was at least a little traffic going on.

Nintendo should think about releasing a Beta for WiiU owners to play instead of doing the Best Buy thing. Would show some good will to their fans cuz lord knows they need it with how the WiiU has been selling

11. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Madden

12. mrm32

mrm32 Member

New Star Fox game announced for Wii U....for 2015....

So basically we have Smash Bros to look forward to this year. I was hoping for maybe a sequel to Mario Galaxy 2.

13. tinman

Supporting Member

oh i found one

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/UBH4a6X32DY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Nice to see Dragon Age:Inquisition coming to the old consoles.
    360&PS3 users won't really gifted with quality games judging by this E3, so any major title coming to the old gen is great.

15. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

:(

I was pretty disappointed in it too. Firstly that they confirmed 2015... I mean I'd seen several stories over the past several months of people who thought it would land in late '14. 2015 is awhile to wait.

And... yeah. It just didn't really look like the same game to me. Not really talking about the graphical quality per se, more just the look and feel of the environments. Last year's trailer, and the more recent gameplay clip, exuded that Xenoblade open-world, lush environments look and feel. This trailer looked more like Xenosaga 4. Which, you know, is fine and all... I liked the Xenosaga games... but that trailer just runs a bit counter to what I was expecting for this game.

I want another wonderful sidequest-tastic experience with big, beautiful, open environments and amazing music. Another Xenosaga... which to me means cutscenes, cutscenes, cutscenes, with a very linear story and couple sidequests as an afterthought... would be fun as well, but it would only be consolation prize next to another Xenoblade-like experience.

Besides... the reason Xenosaga was great was due to an awesome story and really strong characters. Whereas the characters in Xenoblade are weak as hell, for the most part. If they try to make this a really linear game, but with the same writers that did Xenoblade... that would not be good. At all.

Less excited now than I was. I hope to god it plays more like a Xenoblade game than a Xenosaga game when it comes out.

16. tinman

Supporting Member

no thanks, i've given up on buying the same game over and over and over again

17. RC Cola

I think a demo for No Man's Sky is about to be on Gamespot's stream:
    http://www.gamespot.com/e3/samsung-stage-1-2014/

Edit: Or maybe it is just an interview.

Ah, OK so it wasn't just me. I was thinking maybe I was just missing something.

#137 RC Cola, Jun 10, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
  18. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Yet you're hyping Ultra Street Fighter 4? ;)

19. AtheistPreacher

AtheistPreacher Contributing Member

Yeah, I had the same feelings about X. Disappointing. Here's hoping they don't screw it up.

20. RC Cola