1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

E3 2014 Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RC Cola, Jun 9, 2014.

1. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I played multiplayer in the original Halo and after I got an Xbox for the cheaps I played Halo 2. Don't get me wrong I thought it was a good game just not something I can justify purchasing a system for. Now if Bioware brought back Jade Empire maybe we can talk

2. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I'm curious about this Shadow of Mordor game. Looks pretty neat.

3. Juxtaposed Jolt

Oh wtf! There's a new XenoBlade Chronicles game coming out?

Hope it gets more of an audience than the first one got. Nintendo really needs to have all the retailers sell it - not just Gamestop.

4. Juxtaposed Jolt

How come? Like the exclusives for the X1 more than the PS4?

5. Swishh

Swishh Member

Did you not call me biased after stating my opinion? And you can't explain how I'm biased if I have a Ps4 and not an xbox. But whatever, i'm done.

Side note - why are people hyped for No man's sky? It doesn't look very interesting.

6. AtheistPreacher

AtheistPreacher Contributing Member

This looks like a more complete version of what you posted (first 12 mins is the same):

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/qKKiODpn6Fg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

EDIT: Replaced the video with a version that isn't cut off, and doesn't have messed-up sound.

#186 AtheistPreacher, Jun 10, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2014
  7. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

On a sidenote, I've never been convinced by people who say things like this (not just with consoles either). In fact, I find some of the most biased people use this as a defense in a post for posting nonsense. If anything, it seems to be an indicator to me that maybe I should ignore posts.

Having said that, I'm not saying you're biased or whatever. I think you just have...unique...opinions. Which is fine. Of course, you'll get a lot of crap for it because they are so unique (so definitely expect that). But that doesn't make you biased.

Mostly because there isn't really much like it. As they mention when they describe the game, it focuses on some basic, core sci-fi elements. Exploration into the unknown. Undiscovered (and bizarre) lifeforms. Space. Procedural generation like you wouldn't believe (meaning an infinite amount of replayability). Etc. While there are 30 different modern combat FPS games, there are very few (if any) games that offer these things. Perhaps you don't find those things interesting. But for some people, those sci-fi elements are really interesting. These types of games have been ignored by publishers for some reason (which is why Star Citizen raised so much money). People really want more games like this.

The fact that it is from a small indie studio also adds some charm to the title.

Yeah, after I posted that, I realized I missed another video that would have been better. Thanks.

I was optimistic about the game after it was revealed, but I'm really liking everything I see from the new Alien game:
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/PIU541M08Z0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

same i gotta get 1 as well.

If this doesnt strike her interest ill be surprised

9. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

As a side not for Nintendo I'm very excited about Star Fox, and the new Zelda looks incredible. They better have Retro working on a Metroid Prime game though, or someone is going to die.

10. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I heard a rumor that Nintendo is supposed to reveal a new Metroid tonight....for 3DS. If it turns out true that means we will probably be waiting a good while for a console Metroid.

Hopefully this is something to hold us over till a true new console Metroid kind of like they did with Zelda

11. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Halo is #1. Final Fantasy is the reason I got the 1st PS, and then PS2. PS3 was just too expensive for too little game I wanted, and I ended up buying a 360 from a friend. Gears of War was something I instantly fell in love with, though my interest in the series decreased as it went on. Then I met my wife who got me to start playing Halo (I never played online before I met her). I've yet to fall in love with a Playstation series the way I have with Nintendo or XBox. I don't play enough for 20 good games to be worth more than one great game/series.

My #2 reason is the multimedia functions of the One. The DVR, the split screen, the skype, etc all appeal to me.

#3 is Kinect. Even though I barely use my kinect anymore, my kids do love it, and I see loads of potential as it is improved upon.

Only reason I'd buy a PS4 is price.

12. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

They better ****ing not. If anything announce a 3ds and a Wii U version like they've been doing with everything else.

13. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Pacman announced last night for SSB. Looks pretty cool. I wish they'd leave some surprised though for when the game comes out.

14. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Would love for a Halo Bundle at $450 like we saw with Titanfall.

15. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Nintendo can't afford to "surprise" people, unless their surprises are a year in advance. They need to be all in really.

16. Indaface

Indaface Member

You weren't in college around the time I was then. Because if you were living in the dorm rooms an Xbox with HALO:CE connected to the campus wide LAN was one of the greatest time wasters in college.

I know about 4 or 5 guys from those days that don't really game anymore that are planning on buying a XBONE just to be able to play CE online.

17. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I actually was in college then but when the Xbox dropped I had moved from dorms to a regular apartment. If I was still in the dorms I probably would've been all about Halo because we gamed a lot then. I still remember bringing back Tony Hawk 2 after Christmas break and everybody was in my dorm playing that damn game. Played a **** ton of Mario Party too

18. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Street Fighter news!
    http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2014/...g-beginners-considering-pay-advantage-models/
    Pay-for-advantage sounds horrible though.

19. Rizzy

Rizzy Member

This. All I want is a new Metroid game. On a console.

Also, someone point me to the news of the new StarFox :grin:

20. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick