1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

e-Rewards memebers - - Anyone?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TexasStake, Jun 17, 2013.

1. TexasStake

TexasStake Member

Anyone else a member to e-Rewards? What company were you doing business with that got you the opportunity to join e-Rewards?

Mine was Gamestop. My wife's was AirTran's frequent flier program. I have a decent selection of options to spend my reward points but my wife's sucks so bad she doesn't even participate. I can rack up about $150 in credit every 3-4 months to get me a $25 Gamestop giftcard and 4,000 hotel points @ LaQuinta.

I heard some people are able to spend their points towards Target and Amazon gift cards.... that'd be nice for a change.

2. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

An ex-coworker got an invite to e-Rewards through Pizza Hut. Over time, they kept offering him more invites and he gave them to myself and my wife. We both try to rack up as much credit as possible while being honest with our survey answers. We both shoot for the Hawaiian Airlines rewards.

My wife is not as diligent as I am in responding to the surveys...it takes me 2 to 3 months to get the $100 to earn max miles from Hawaiian. Before Hawaiian started participating, I would work for Hilton Honors points. Earned a free night at a San Diego Hampton located next to a strip club. Wasn't awesome. lol.

3. TexasStake

TexasStake Member

I wasn't even aware I could personally EARN "invites" to give my friends/family. Maybe it's strictly through certain companies (Pizza Hut)

4. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

It wasn't so much that he earned them. He would order his pizza online and I guess part of the fine print says that Pizza Hut could share his info with partners...so he would occasionally get invites, even after he and his wife joined. Probably a glitch in someone's system...but I've definitely benefited. lol.

One additional thing...I cannot stand getting five minutes into a fifteen minute survey and then being told that I don't qualify. Annoying.

5. TexasStake

TexasStake Member

Agreed. This morning I did one for Verizon FIOS and my age/location/sex/income range was all what they were looking for, but as soon as I answered ("not likely at all" to the question if I would consider getting FIOS triple play for $109 a month, they turned me down.

Asking those questions from the get-go would be better IMO then trying to butter you up and ask you that deal-breaking question at the end.

6. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I got invited through Southwest Airlines. The surveys seem overly frequent to me but I still try to complete them when I get them. I hate it when I get a good 4-5 pages into the survey and then it tells me "sorry, you don't meet the requirements for this survey" or something like that.