1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Dynamo] The Home Stretch

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by mtbrays, Oct 5, 2008.

1. mtbrays

mtbrays Member
    Supporting Member

Watching the Texans game with my roommates prompted me to start this thread. We invest so much into the Texans every year and they've done little to endear themselves like the old Oilers did during Luv Ya Blue. Heck, the Astros toyed with us for a while before floundering at the end.

Our beloved Rockets are going to start up soon, so to fill the void, I suggest that non-Dynamo fans take a look at our Orange. Go to a game. Sit next to El Batallon or the Texian Army for the full experience. It's such a value compared to the overpriced NFL tickets at Reliant and Robinson Stadium really puts you directly on top of the action, no matter where you sit. And of course, the Dynamo lead the Western Conference and look poised to win a third straight MLS Cup.

If you say you don't like soccer, give it a chance by going to a game. I used to be the same way. That was until 2006 when I watched the World Cup incessantly and the Dynamo arrived in our collective lap. Richard Justice had a piece in the Chronicle today about the Dynamo and it's worth a read.

Link

2. DreamRoxCoogFan

El Batallion >>>>>> Texian Army. Im just sayin.

3. yobod

yobod Member

This team just WINS. Not like the Astros, DEFINITELY not like the Texans, and lately, not like the Rockets. Despite injuries, traveling, the hurricane, basically EVERYTHING the other sports teams in Houston had to deal with (mind you, I hold this less against than the Rockets than other teams considering injuries to your best guys is hard to overcome), the Dynamo consistently just WIN and it's a shame they aren't recognized more.