1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dynamo Championship Rally: Nov. 20

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by ryan17wagner, Nov 19, 2007.

1. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

HOUSTON, TX (Sunday, November 18, 2007) - The Houston Dynamo will host an MLS Championship Rally to celebrate the team's second consecutive MLS Cup championship against the New England Revolution.

The event will be held this Tuesday, November 20, from 5:30-7:30 p.m. in the steps of Houston City Hall. Renowned soccer personality Glenn Davis will serve as the event's Master of Ceremonies. Other speakers include Dynamo President and General Manager Oliver Luck, Dynamo Head Coach Dominic Kinnear, Houston Mayor Bill White, and Houston Councilmember Adrian Garcia, among others.

In addition, present at the rally will be all Houston Dynamo players and staff, Dynamo Girls, and the team's official mascot, Dynamo Diesel.

Lastly, the rally will also include a special musical performance by local recording artist Mike Jones, presented by Ice Age Entertainment and Double Dose Entertainment.

By beating the New England Revolution in today's match, the Dynamo become only the second team in the history of Major League Soccer to conquer back-to-back championships. The other team was D.C. United in 1996 and 1997.

WHAT: Houston Dynamo to host championship rally on the steps of City Hall
    WHEN: Tuesday, November 20
    5:30-7:30 p.m. CT
    WHERE: Houston City Hall
    900 Bagby St.
    Houston, TX 77002
    WHO: Houston Dynamo players and Head Coach Dominic Kinnear
    Houston Dynamo President and General Manager Oliver Luck
    City of Houston Mayor Bill White
    City of Houston Councilmember Adrian Garcia
    Local recording artist Mike Jones
    Soccer Personality Glenn Davis

2. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

Mike Jones is gonna be there, lmao

3. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Who would have thought the "Big Bopper" was a huge soccer personality ;)

4. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

i was reading this, and then i saw mike jones.

i think ill leave early. ill be there at five in the front row.

5. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

I thought that said Mike James at first. I don't know why.