1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Dynamo] at New England Revolution (SuperLiga Final)

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by mtbrays, Aug 4, 2008.

1. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

When: August 5, 7:00 PM
    Where: Gillette Stadium, Foxsboro, Massachusetts
    Television: TeleFutura
    Radio: 790 AM (English), 850 AM (Spanish)

The Dynamo are being spared Edouard by traveling to Massachusetts to face the Revs for the SuperLiga Final. Unfortunately, this means that they'll probably be playing in front of ~8,000 fans. Although, Houston might not draw a bigger crowd if there game were tomorrow night. We seem to have really hit our stride now, as evidenced by the 2-0 victory over Columbus last weekend and the win over Pachuca before that. This would be a good win for the Dynamo, especially as I've been hearing that SuperLiga may be in jeopardy with the onset of the CONCACAF Champions League. Nate Jaqua has looked really good paired with Brian Ching up top and I liked some of what Kei Kamara did last week.

Now, here's hoping that we'll be able to even watch the game tomorrow night on TeleFutura...

2. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Why wouldn't we be able to watch the game on TELEFUTURA? :confused:

The soccer crowd that watched the Atlante vs. DC game last time was pathetic. Did anyone watch Bilardo's coward moves after the game? That was horrible, man. :eek:

3. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

I think he was making a reference to the storm that was going to hit us yesterday. Bad weather = no electricity or signal = no game.

Do you mean Atlante vs New England? New England always has bad crowds, and they are worse than usual for SuperLiga, they may not even get 10k for the game tonight.

4. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

DYNAMO, DYNAMO, DYNAMO, DYNAMO DYNAMO...

5. mtbrays

Supporting Member

Yeah, I was referencing potential power outages. Seeing as how Edouard was hyped beyond all belief, we'll be able to watch this one.

Here's a helpful hint: If you cheer at home, you'll be making more noise than all of Gillette Stadium. Do your part!

6. Astro101

Astro101 Member

Just in case you're not watching, it's extra time and the Dynamo just went up!

7. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Yeah, I meant NE, DrLudicrous. I couldn't believe there was that small a crowd. I wonder if Telefutura/Univision lost money from such little crowds. I bet TV advertising was either the same or more. This has been the game for the ages, though. NE and Houston know each other like the back of their hands.

KAMARA. OMFG (Oh My Fawking Goal ;) ). Reis called for the ball, that's why the defender didn't even jump. AWESOME steal. A'la Jaqua

EDIT: Joseph grabbed Barrett. :mad:

8. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

penalty kicks anyone???

9. Astro101

Astro101 Member

10. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

PENALTY
    PENALTY
    PENALTY
    PENALTY
    PENALTY KICKS

watch out for the wrath of swoly-d

11. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I cant wait for Ching to score so we can hear CHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING

12. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

:confused: at the goalie

13. Astro101

Astro101 Member

I hate penalty kicks. :(

14. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

He kept guessing the wrong way. :(

15. dream34shake

dream34shake Rookie

Wow Ching and De Rosario... :eek:

16. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Damn.

Well, the Revs were bound to beat us in a final at some point.

WTF were Ching and DeRo doing on their chances? My 2 year old could have done better. I know they're tired but that's part of the game.

17. surrender

surrender Member

I'm glad I'm not the only one who saw that

18. mtbrays

Supporting Member

What a crapshoot. Oh, well. The Dynamo will always beat New England win the league championship is at stake. Does it strike anyone else that the Revolution is kind of the Florida Marlins of MLS? They have hardly any fan support, as evidenced by the 5,000 people at the game tonight (as reported by Bernardo Fallas at the Chronicle), yet they always put out a competitive product. I'm to the point that I can barely stand looking at Matt Reis and Taylor Twellman.

At least the teams agreed to split the winnings evenly since the MLS Players Association seems to have gotten a bum deal from the MLS in regards to SuperLiga.