1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dynamic Duo of Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RockSC, Aug 11, 2012.

1. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

That video made me sad that Gogi and Scola are gone. :(

2. Rocket_4_Life

Rocket_4_Life Member

We might want to start T. Jones at 4 to be on the receiving end of those J. Lin passes. What Asik doesn't block Terrence will - just like at UK.

3. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Patterson got his work cut out for him. Lots of competition at the 4 spot. However, with McHale's love affair with him, he may already be a lock.

4. hoopstar39

hoopstar39 Member

A super athletic lineup like this would be awesome to watch.

Lin
    Parsons
    White
    Jones
    Motiejunas

Pretty good even with 4 rookies...

5. Rocket_4_Life

Rocket_4_Life Member

Yeah, Ppat is going to have to step up. He also may back up Asik at 5. I'd like to see Dmo gain 5 - 10lbs and backup Asik though.

6. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

Does everybody really want to see Martin start?? It's been really bugging me to see him on people's starting line-up... Idk why.

I rather want Martin doing damage off the bench when he goes against tired starters or other bench players.

7. roxxy

roxxy Member

Who would you rather have start Lamb?

8. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

Most definitely. I want to see him develop playing against the opposing teams at their best.

9. Samdogg36

Samdogg36 Member

Lin
    Martin
    Parsons
    Dmo
    Asik
    I think unless they do a trade Martin is going to stay starter and I believe if they give him pt he can put up 20+ easily...don't underestimate Martin cause he is going to be a scoring machine this season...obviously no matter what he will be gone after this season and lamb can step into his spot and team won't miss a beat...I do think a year under Martin is needed for lamb, not that I don't think he is going to be good...I just think that coming in with less pressure and having a year of being able to learn will be better than risking him losing his confidence if he struggled as a rookie...parsons I believe got the 3 spot locked down. I see him stepping up big time this season..parsons stays in a gym, always working on his game...this guy will not be outworked for that 3 spot! Patterson will start at 4 and I think he will step up his game but ultimately by the end of the season I would be surprised if he isn't overtaken by either jones, dmo, or white...Asik is going to surprise people. Biggest question is stamina and staying out of foul trouble IMO but having dmo backup center will cover the problems and bring offensive element...there is so many ways for the rockets to mix things up with the talent they got, I'm excited! My only concern is there is going to be some real good young talent who are going to struggle to get pt

10. Rocket_4_Life

Rocket_4_Life Member

I think you need to market Kevin by starting him and giving him exposure. I'd limit his minutes to under 30 though - can't have him getting hurt.

11. Arthurprescott2

LOL let us see what PPat can do for us before we start a rookie. Can we give PPat like 10 starts at the beginning of the season at least?

12. roxxy

roxxy Member

He is a rookie. If you don't have to make him a starter it is best to avoid it. McHale said it best, the league isn't nice to rookies. As the season progresses he will likely take over as the starter but in the beginning probably best to let Martin start (if he is still here of course).

13. Arthurprescott2

Who will play backup 5? I feel like DMo will start the season there.

14. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

i have a feeling Lin will be hooking Parsons up on and off the court.

15. Rocket_4_Life

Rocket_4_Life Member

I'm perfectly fine with Ppat starting at the 4 - assuming he earns the spot in training camp. There's a reason why Morey hasn't mentioned who'll be starting at PF (although he has at the other positions). In addition to the tough competition at the 4, PF hasn't been decided yet due to Patrick's very average play last year. Hopefully, that will change. I'm definitely rooting for the guy to step it up.

16. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Huh?:confused:

17. fogo18182028

fogo18182028 Member

No brainer Kmart will start. He's a 25ppg when healthy, he will be healthy this year and it's his contract.

Book it, we will see a prime Kmart this year and with the defensive players we have in our starting line up, Kmart can actually gamble more and play the passing lane (that's what he do best on D).

On top of that, if we're going to trade him. We have showcase him so his values go up.

18. roxxy

roxxy Member

I think he means with lob passes, asian chicks etc.

19. killakim

killakim Member

On court: Chandler with alley oops

Off court: Chandler with Asian b*tches

20. roxxy

roxxy Member

Lol. I can't believe you couldn't figure this out for yourself.