1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwyane Wade's flop vs Brandon Bass

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by GreatOne1978, Apr 11, 2012.

1. gwatson86

gwatson86 Contributing Member

Bull****. Unless Bass genuinely bowled over Wade after Wade established position, it's a flop. You draw a charge by establishing position and letting the offensive player run over you. You flop by feeling a bit of contact and dramatically flinging yourself backwards. Wade accomplished the latter.

2. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Both the Gasol brothers copped elbows against the clippers. Didnt get he calls either.

3. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I know this thread's about Duh-wayne, but CP3 elbowing Gasol and Gasol getting called is what I'll address.

The refs are seriously propping up the Clippers this year. We should have beaten them that last game, and the day after that, CP3 comes up with magical heroic plays (paraphrasing BSPN) to barely save his team against Detroit. Same as he did with us; breathe near the guy and it's a foul.

I don't know what it is. I guess these guys sell jerseys and the refs have their hero worship, maybe they have tacit instructions as to which players/teams to favor.

NBA coaches and players and GMs and owners can't say/do much. They'll get fined, if not suspended. And they also know that if they had a CP3 or a Wade they'd take the flops and the wins and have nothing to say about it.

It just detracts so much from the game.

It's getting worse than FIFA (football, i.e., soccer). Hell, before last World Cup, England put it out there that FIFA had pretty much decided that Spain would win it all. Lo and behold, a somewhat mediocre-good Spain emerges triumphant.