1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwyane Wade to sign with bulls

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by justtxyank, Jul 6, 2016.

1. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

Bobby Portis is better than all of our PFs

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Nope.

3. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

it doesn't really matter what any team not the Warriors do anymore. my attitude on the NBA has really soured.

4. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

you will see this coming year.

5. malakas

malakas Member

Rein$dorf desperately wants his playoff $ even if it leads to this. Treadmilling. But this team has no spacing and their bench is full of no defence players. Rondo - Wade - Butler is horrible fit.
    I see them as 7-8th seed in the east.

Now Miami has become dangerous. If Bosh retires they will have too much capspace next season when many great FA hit the market.

6. malakas

malakas Member

Riley could call Presti and offer Winslow for Westbrook.

7. hoopster325

hoopster325 Member

Miami should do a total rebuild anyhow. Build around Winslow/Richardson. Makes a ton of sense for where they're at.

8. hoopster325

hoopster325 Member

Anyone who thinks the Bulls are top 3 seed in the East are crazy. Bulls are 7/8 at best.

Pistons, Pacers, Bucks, Magic, Celtics, Knicks all got a lot better this offseason. Plus Hornets, Hawks, and Raptors aren't going anywhere. Don't really see how they win more than 45 games but just my opinion.

9. roslolian

roslolian Member

7 pts on 42% FG and 5.4 rebs rookie drafted in the 20's better than Ryan Anderson, Capela and DMo combined? :rolleyes:

10. malakas

malakas Member

Portis is not better than DMO. He's very bad defensively because he plays smaller than his height coz he can't jump. He's nothing special. He is also a bad passer.
    While at least DMO has post and passing skills.

OFC one is only going to into his second season and much younger.

11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I can't begin to tell you guys how pissed I would be if I was a Heat fan about Riley and CO letting Wade walk over 3.5 MILL PER. So i'll tell yall how pissed I am as a Rockets fan who follows the nba.

Seriously, the reason Wade, the Miami Heat nba legend, the 12 time all star, that brought 3 titles to the city, who was supposed to be a lifer for the Heat is going to be wearing another jersey next 2 seasons is because of....

MCBOB

That's right, if only the Heat traded Josh McRoberts, they could have opened the space to give Wade the money he wanted. But nope, they chose Mcbob over Wade. I guess Riley and CO are too cool to make a trade for there future HOF, instead they opted to strong arm Wade into taking less money, daring him to walk.

How embarrassing for that organization front office. Wade took a pay cut for Lebron and Bosh in 2010, Wade took a pay cut for just Bosh in 2014, and then they refuse to give the man more then what we payed Ryan ****ing Anderson, they refuse to give him 3.5 mill per more.

And it's not like Wade is washed up, he deserves every penny of the money he asked for, hell I think he's worth more. He is still a legitimate all star caliber player who is a monster on both sides of the court, who is clutch as hell and takes over in the playoffs, he was still the best player on the Heats roster.

Sad for Heat fans.

12. mightybosstone

I don't think that's a foregone conclusion. They barely played .500 basketball last season with Pau and a roster that made more sense on paper. Now they're going to take the ball out of their best player's hands and put it into the hands of two well-past-their-prime stars.

Maybe they will, but at least they're targeting guys that actually make sense for their system and are still relatively young. Chicago's signings reek of desperation, of a team that cares more about adding names than about adding pieces that actually fit together and could grow together.

Any playoff team that expects Rajon Rondo to be its starting point guard is grasping at straws. Not only do I think he's a bad fit next to Wade, but I think the guy is just a minus to have on the floor at this point in his career.

13. mightybosstone

This. And that's assuming Rondo and Wade can even stay healthy, which is a pretty big if.

14. lionaire

lionaire Member

Don't get me wrong, I like our roster but I would've LOVED it if were were in the East.

15. malakas

malakas Member

ahh the more I think about the Bulls roster the more happy I am. What a mess.
    This is the most weird and messy roster in the league.
    You have all guards who can't shoot and are balldominant and all bigs who can't defend well. (except old Taj).

A Rondo-Wade-Butler backcourt!! It's like a joke.

16. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Hot take: Riley wanted wade to leave.

Apparently he never even called wade. By getting wade to leave he has setup the heat to be a young team with cap room next year after bosh retires

17. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

So Wade wants to do a LeBron. Returns to his home city and win a championship with them.

Problem is there is only one ball and all 3 of their best players (Butler, Wade and Rondo) need the ball to be effective and are pretty bad 3 point shooters (Butler is ok).

18. Pipedream

Pipedream Contributing Member

Can't blame the Heat. They see the writing on the wall and are pulling the trigger on the rebuild. Tank this year and have a high draft pick to play with Whiteside/Dragic, or trade Dragic for additional low lottery pick/young upside players.

Bulls, meh. Dangerous if healthy but no competition to the Cavs.

19. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

I think some of you guys are underestimating what a disaster the spacing is going to be like for that team. Unless they decide to give big minutes to Mirotic and McBuckets, in which case the defense is going to be a disaster.

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">While you're watching Kelly Ripa, one more nugget: Pat Riley never called Dwyane Wade during the entire process.</p>&mdash; Ethan J. Skolnick (@EthanJSkolnick) <a href="https://twitter.com/EthanJSkolnick/status/751039071187709952">July 7, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>