1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwyane Wade calls out Dirk

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by hotballa, Feb 9, 2007.

1. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/scorecard/02/09/truth.rumors.nba/index.html

No Dwyane, the proper answer is that you are the one person in the NBA better at flopping than Dirk.

2. supafrumpy

supafrumpy Contributing Member

anit that the truth.

3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

:confused:

Wade doesn't flop. He's probably the most aggressive player in the NBA in terms of driving the lane. He draws a lot of contact and obviously a lot of fouls - but he doesn't flop.

I don't understand why people are always hating on him. Yeah, he shoots a lot of free throws. That's what happens when you drive the lane a lot more than if you pull up.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Josh Howard missed 2 free throws that would have won game 3 and given the Mavs an insurmountable 3-0 lead.

The Mavs blew it.

DD

5. hotballa

cmon Sam, you gonna tell me he doesn't get preferrential treatment? He gets better Jordan treatment than Jordan. You know he broke Jordan's record for most free throws in the finals or something like that?

6. SamFisher

Here is one reason why Wade goes to the line more than the rest of his ultra elite perimeter player contemporaries:

Player Inside shots/Jumpers (82games.com)

Wade 38%/62%

James 34%/66%

Bryant 25%/75%

McGrady 19%/81%

You don't need the #s for this. All you have to do is watch the games though, I mean it's not hard for me to see that Wade drives in and creates contact more than any player in the NBA (and he doesn't flop).

7. IVFL

IVFL Member

Dont forget that Dallas was doing the hack a shaq thing as well. That would put the heat in the bonus quicker and get wade to the line for a simple had check. Dallas created the situation with Wades free throws through there constant fouling of shaq. Does Wade get calls? yeah, but no more than most aggressive players in the league. Is he leading the league in free throws per game? I really dont know.

8. hotballa

I have LP so I watch other games when the Rox aren't playing. Wade gets lot of touch fouls called. I've noticed that defenders arescared to even go near him sometimes becuase they're afraid of the whistle, which gives him enough space to get by them and beating the help defender to the spot.

9. yaoluv

yaoluv Member

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y7cG9NrfhM0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y7cG9NrfhM0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

10. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

This post is close to treason...defending damn Dirk Nowitski??!! :eek:

11. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

I kinda like that Wade called out Douchebag Nowitzki.

12. high5

high5 Member

And who's preventing the other players from consistently driving inside like Wade does?

If they did that, they'd also get 'preferrential treatment'.

13. Dr.Worm

Dr.Worm Member

God bless Dwayne Wade. You got a ring and Dirk's a whining lame.

I may not be the biggest fan of the calls Wade gets, but the truth is he gets superstar calls cause he plays like a true superstar: someone with unbelievable talent that shows unbelievable heart every time he steps on the floor. The same cannot be said of Dirk.

14. rocketsmetalspd

One is a flopper and the other gets all the calls. Even if T-Mac drove to the lane as much as Wade he would get the calls, for some strange reason this guy is refs fav

15. rocketsmetalspd

opps forgot to add T-Mac would not get the calls Wade does.

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Howard missed some earlier that would have put the game away too.

DD

17. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

I wonder if, after a loss, Wade has ever said something to the effect of 'We lost because we played poorly.' Which implies that the other team shouldn't get any credit for the win. I'm betting every player has said that at one time or another. Both Dirk and Wade's comments were childish. Might I add, Wade may have to wait awhile, if ever, to win a championship again.

18. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Stop hating. Did you even watch the games? Did you see Wade go off in game 3 and make jumper after jumper in the fourth quarter? I will always like D-Wade for what he did against the Mavs

19. SamFisher

So...then he'll have to live with the stigma of having dragged his team to an NBA title only once? Oh the humanity....

20. Agent94

Agent94 Member

I don't see much of a corelation.

Player Inside shots/Free Trow attempts per 48 minutes.
    Wade 38%/13.9
    James 34%/10.1
    Bryant 25%/11.3
    McGrady 19%/8.6