1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight's full page in the Chronicle thanking the fans.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by skoo9382, Jul 13, 2016.

Tags:
  1. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He didn't have to quit on the team. He didn't have to go on a national TV and media tour bashing the organization either.

I wish the dude well and hope he can come back to form or at least accept what he is one of the best ever at. At the end of the day, he proved to be Dwight Howard -- warts, smiles, personality and all. I would have much preferred to see him succeed with the Rox and prove Kobe and the Laker fans in the media wrong.

1 person likes this.
  2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

The amount of nonsense in this post is astounding...

Dwight admitted he quit on the team and it shouldn't be swept under the rug. Harden didn't quit on the team he played 82 games and put up some of the best numbers ever as a Rocket and then re-upped.

Corey Brewer was just as instrumental in getting the Rockets to the WCF. If he were to leave now, that appreciation thread would be filled with hate and good riddance. Brewer is not good at basketball, but he never quit and some of you guys hate him for it.

Just because Dwight was great in the community and helped get the Rockets to the WCF doesn't absolve him for acting like an asshat on the court.

The amount of time wasted defending this dude last season was all for nothing because he wasn't even playing.

1 person likes this.
  3. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

I don't dislike dwight at all. The guy chose houston in 2013, came in and got the tab for everyone at that waffle place on his first day in houston, did a lot for the community, gave us 2 solid years and helped us make it past the 2nd round in like 18 years. So it didn't work at in the end, I don't blame him. I'm rooting for the big guy and hope he does well in Atlanta. I don't get the hate for this guy.

4. hvic

hvic Member

Dont get me wrong, I love Dwight outside the game. He goes alot of the community by donating his time and effort. He even goes to the Children Hospital multiple times a year to visit the chemo kids. I know this because he spend some time with my friends son. Its the Dwight during the game that failed. He gave up and wanted to point fingers at other people saying its there fault. Well suck it up and be a man about it instead of crying in the corner.

5. photojoe

photojoe Member

I have always liked Dwight as a person.

I still wish we traded him at the deadline and got something for him instead of him walking for nothing.

6. koopa

koopa Member

No offense but hes way past his prime..he was good in orlando

7. DCballer

DCballer Member

I hope that every fan gives him a standing ovation when he returns to Houston. The guy has earned it.

8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Seemed odd to me that he'd choose a cheaper ad in the Wednesday Chronicle over the Sunday Chronicle.

I guess this will be the theme of his Sunday Ad. VVV

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Dwight Howard said again on Mike &amp; Mike that he did not get the ball often enough. Again, led NBA in post touches pg, 2nd in paint touches.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/753623805436788736">July 14, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I guess New Beginnings doesn't refer to resentments.

9. Chamillionaire

Intentions would have been good if he was honest but he's full of $hit and I'm glad he's gone.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fakephonyfraud

May you continue to be cancerous to locker rooms everywhere & take another organization down. Sorrynotsorry Atlanta.

#110 J.R., Jul 14, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2016
  11. marky :)

marky :) Member

Dwight Howard for the community and off the court = standing ovation.
    Dwight Howard showing lack of interest on the court and admitting he quit = boo's.

Where does that leave us when he returns, golf claps next season i guess?

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Classy move by a good guy but a very flawed player

13. Rockie_rocker

Rockie_rocker Member

I would have much preferred to see him succeed with the Rox and prove Kobe and the Laker fans in the media wrong.

14. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

He did at times... but yeah I kinda have to agree with you here.

Either way the ad is classy and I like Dwight. His legacy in Houston will be that of a very talented and likable guy who under achieved.

15. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Deep down Dwight probably has good intentions but he's a joke. Why do you think there are problems everywhere he goes? Have fun in ATL

16. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

This is quite the condescending post considering you failed to register a single valid point.

So basically all of the good that Dwight did here (see: http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=10612354&postcount=74) is completely null and void because of his role in last year's catastrophe? No.

Stop being fickle. Nobody is saying it's okay to mail it in or just go through the motions like Dwight admitted to doing. Of course he deserves his share of the blame for that. But if you REALLY think a 100% Dwight would have made this team anything other than first round fodder last year, well you didn't follow this team closely enough. We weren't a .500 ball club by accident.

If you look at Dwight's time in Houston objectively, clearly there are more positives than negatives. It was a still a worthwhile signing. If you think he deserves your contempt, well that's your choice. Just don't expect me to think of it as anything other than an emotional 'what have you done for me lately' outburst (as opposed to a logical argument).

17. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Dwight "admitted" ... rest of the team save James only lied about not quitting. GMAB.

18. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

I'll always respect Dwight and I hope he finds success in Atlanta. He may not have met expectations here in Houston, but we did get to WCF with him. Unfortunately, this year was horrible but a lot of things went wrong; wasn't just Dwight's fault.

19. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Lets say we rate Hakeem Olajuwon a 100% as an overall player grade. What percentage would you give Dwight as relates to overall grade of Dwight the player (not the person) as compared to Hakeem at 100%? I think I got to go with 60% there, chiefs. But, the metric is all about how you measure the overall player as I have no formula. lol

Dwight only sometimes could take over a game and make everyone his b****es. Hakeem always could take over a game and everyone was his b****.

20. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Why is he shouting? Dude needs to turn off his caps lock.