1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight update: Not close to a trade with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by t0mdotcom, Jul 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

2. greatpacha1

greatpacha1 Member

Thank the lord

3. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Because its a very common negotiation tactic? Okay maybe I should have said that "one would think that Morey would low ball them with the initial offer"

I mean in a negotiation you don't start by putting your best offer out there! You start by putting the offer the best suits you, so you can have some space to negotiate.

4. lmaballa

lmaballa Rookie

Howard would be stupid to come here. We suck. He clearly said he wants to win a championship ... that means he's not coming here.

5. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Watch, tomorrow they'll say "Rockets- Magic deal seems imminent".

It flip flops daily. :rolleyes:

6. scola4

scola4 Member

Kevin Martin
    Jeremy Lamb
    Patrick Patterson
    Toronto 1st rounder
    Two 2nd rounders
    Non-guaranteed salary matching contracts (Livingston, Brockman, Jordan)

For

Dwight Howard
    Jason Richardson

Brooks/Douglas/Machado
    Lee/Richardson/Dragic?
    Parsons/White/Morris
    Montejunas/Jones/Leur
    Howard/Harrellson/Smith

3 seed...

7. tokenbk

tokenbk Member

8. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

You might add Big Baby to the "one to offload" list, but I agree with the point of your post 100%.

Amazing to read through the ridiculous amount of posts screaming and crying about how "this sucks" and "fire Morey" based on REPORTS - and from ESPN at that!?!?!?! Unbelievable.

It's like you guys have never heard their BS before. And what's worse, it's like you haven't been paying attention to the way Morey operates.

The "jumping the gunners'" thread was sooooo appropriate.

Much the same way people base who they want to give up and keep off ONE SUMMER LEAGUE GAME.... (although D-Mo WAS extremely impressive...lol.. and Lamb and Jones looked very good too - love Lamb's aggressiveness, but he will need to improve his shot selection with the big boys)

9. Drew_Le

Drew_Le Member

As much as people talk about the Magic still "shopping around," there is literally no one in the league that can offer what we can offer even with this more scaled back (and reasonable) offer.

If this is all we have to give up, Morey should get a lifetime contract. Pure robbery.

10. dragonz

dragonz Member

I'd like that, even we are not landing Howard, we are still gona need to give mins to our young PFs, therefore Scola has to go.

there is still no deal between Houston and Orlando, that means we are not accepting Orlando's bull**** deal, fingers crossed.

11. httx713

httx713 Member

Best news of the day IF this is true; David Liedridge has a tendency to make up stuff just to stay relevant on the news.

But If Morey is Indeed just offering 1 of the 3 Picks plus Kevin Martin, Patterson, Toronto pic and in exchange Take all of Orlando's Horrible contracts and Howard ..... Great Move By Morey.. First time I feel on his side..

I think Lamb and White will become above average players, maybe one of the two might have 1 or 2 all star games in them..

And If this goes thru as planned by Morey and Dwight still leaves,, No Problem because there will be money for Bynum and CP3 Next Year...

PS: Do not *****ing Trade Parsons or Motiejunas...

12. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Too funny! Thanks for posting this.

13. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

14. stylus8088

stylus8088 Member

Yea, I agree with that. They're kinda like FOX news

15. dragonz

dragonz Member

Yes, as I have said earlier, if we agreed to offload all of Orlando's bad contract, and send all our young guys + picks to Orlando, why there isn't a deal yet? Come on ppl , think!

of course, maybe Orlando wants us to overtake their stupid Disney park as well, haha, just saying

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

Woj, where ya at?

17. passdarock

passdarock Member

Thanks for the link.

NY fans sound like a bunch of whining babies...Houston should fire Morey...waaaa.....Stern should do something about this.....waaaa....Dolan will be paying a luxury tax....waaaaa.

hahahaha. Good stuff.:grin:

18. httx713

httx713 Member

I'm replying to myself just cuz.....

Orlando will eventually give in and have no choice but to Trade Howard and their Big salary mediocre players for Whatever Morey wants to give them.. So for now I will wait and see if Finally Morey can Kick other GMs Ass BUT beware of that Pest Stern,, he could ***K block the Rockets AGAIN..

19. dmcray95

dmcray95 Member

If this is true I actually think this is good news. I would love to have Howard but what they were asking before just seemed to much.

20. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

Hahaha definitely think you should... I love how they're mad at Morey. Crying that he should be fired for screwing the Knicks over... Me thinks he should get a raise.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.