1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight update: Not close to a trade with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by t0mdotcom, Jul 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LelWestbrick

LelWestbrick Rookie

Things like this make me smile:

[​IMG]

You can do it Morey...

1 person likes this.
  2. butterball

butterball Member

Hallelujah!! That's Morey for you.

3. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

Yes that is much more reasonable. It really didn't make sense for Houston to throw away that much just for a huge risk of a one year rental of a guy that isn't that good enough to make a team as good as the LA Lakers, OKC, Miami, Spurs, or even the Bulls.

4. tokenbk

tokenbk Member

Knicks fans are mad about the whole Lin too :grin:

I love it.

5. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

One reported offer is too high
    Next is too low
    Truth will surprise us all

6. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Don't know why, but the overall fickleness of clutchfans has really been getting on my nerves more than usual lately. I know, no one cares, but still :(

7. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Actually I see Morey offering a little less then that, he likes to low ball with the initial offer and go from there. But given the Magic's state of desperation to make a deal, he could play hard ball with them and say it's a "take it or leave it" offer.

I mean our second choice is to rebuild, and we're in a great position to do that. So saying we would willing to walk away from the trade table isn't exactly a bad option.

8. allaroundplayer

i don't think any team would ever say "pick one" of 3 players.

what this is trying to say is only one of the 3 players will go because he doesn't have the specifics. Lamb has to stay since our backcourt is so thin.

White may be a little redundant as far as his game compared to Parsons who is also a playmaker.

9. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

And you know this how?

10. LelWestbrick

LelWestbrick Rookie

11. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

im not talking about just the reports. im talking about the ability of people on this thread to jump straight to conclusions. how many times have you read something negative about Morey even though we aren't aware of the current situtation.
    the reason i believe this report, is because it makes logical sense. do you really think Morey would give up our entire team for d12, hedo, duhon, jrich? NO SO WHY BELIEVE IT?
    I believe in innocent until proven guilty. thusfar, no one has proved Morey guilty of screwing up this team, so wtf call for his termination?

12. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Im guessing the real deal will be somewhere in the middle...last nights article was bogus...and this one seems like were giving up too little.

Im fine with that.

13. stylus8088

stylus8088 Member

Ok good. This is a lot better than what Bucher reported, which is complete garbage. To me, if the team's direction is to develop young prospects, then why would you trade all of them away for aging players with bad contracts + Dwight? I know the main target is Dwight but we're giving up waaay too much. No way Morey will let that happen. I like Dwight but if Orlando's asking price is too much then they can keep him. IMO I'd rather have that 3-way trade with Lakers for Bynum. If we get neither, then I would be cool with that too. I'm already freaking pumped as it is with our rookies. Dwight/Bynum is just a bonus.

14. ROX_fan_CT

ROX_fan_CT Member

Those were the most important pieces of the entire article.

If true, that is very comforting for the future of this team.

15. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

idk man, it's a tough call for Morey.
    either A) keep Lamb and his potential and by doing so reject a top5 player who is in his prime
    or B)trade Lamb and his potential and get a bonafide superstar who may leave the minute the season is over.

16. Yodels

Yodels Contributing Member

keeping our picks is not a bad proposition. We can grow with these guys. We just have to withstand the impatient contingent of Rocket Nation. I would only take Howard for a reasonable deal.

17. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Cleveland will have a much worse time holding Dwight than the Rockets..

Things are seriously looking up for the Rockets...Whether we tank this year...or are able to get Howard in the terms we want...is making me happy...we will not be left in mediocrity.

18. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Steve Kyler ‏@stevekylerNBA
    RT @dj_1040: --- Magic still talking to everyone... they are not on the clock in any way... its about getting best deal.

19. The Stig

The Stig Member

Can we trade any of the players we just got from NY or Toronto? Also do we have Memphis's first round pick for next year?

Scenario I would do will be...

KMart
    TOR 1st rd
    DAL 1st rd (Think we still have this one?)
    2 NY 2nd Rd picks
    Morris or PPat
    Forbes or Douglas (Not sure if we can trade them yet)

Dwight
    Turk

I think that looks fair... or not?

20. Yodels

Yodels Contributing Member

you have to understand, most of these media guys are trolls trying to stir things up...we can guess the reasons why they do it...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.