1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight update: Not close to a trade with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by t0mdotcom, Jul 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Nothing is imminent because we have to wait out the Asik and Lin offer sheets.

And Orlando thinks we'll cave and take more dogs*** contracts.

2. rcoleman15

rcoleman15 Contributing Member

Neither do I.

That said we have two different articles going with two different and opposite extremes as to what is currently being offered...why do I have the feeling the actual truth is somewhere in between with what those two reports have told us.

#62 rcoleman15, Jul 13, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2012
  3. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

Honestly, I think what the Rockets are offering now is still a lot better than what any team can offer them from now until the deadline.

4. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Martin is almost guaranteed to be a part of the deal, just for salary matching purposes. I see Morey keeping Lamb, and offering one of either Jones or White, or maybe PPatt.

5. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

You can't blame fans for freaking out when reporters report about possible trades. You seem to believe this latest report by David Aldridge, but why? This is just another report by another reporter, it could be accurate or it may not be.

6. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Guys this offer is too good to be true...If this deal happens, i expect us to take on two bad contracts, one rookie and send all of our picks. Remember that Atlanta is supposedly still in the race. Any reason not to believe that they won't at least put their best foot forward?

7. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

Well the rockets do have most of the leverage. They're the only ones willing to trade for him even as a rental and if they want to get some value from him before he leaves then Houston is it. The rockets can give high upside young player, lottery bound pick, and cap relief which is what they want.

8. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

i'm all in for this

9. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

I think Orlando messed up big time when their trading power was at an all-time high with Lopez in the picture. Now we are the ones in the driver's seat.

I am happy in all three directions mentioned (Dwight, Bynum, Rebuild).

I feel as though I, as a Rockets' fan, am in a win/win big/win really big situation.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Perhaps it is.

Quite frankly, this **** is old. Last thing needed is for this to drag on but unfortunately looks like it'll play out at least another week.

If Aldridge's report is true, when does Houston up their offer? Do they up their offer? When do they move on?

11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Let them go ahead. We can't afford this rental stuff,bad atttude plus a back injury.

12. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Now that is the Morey we all know...Low ballin Morey...

13. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

Just looking at the bad contracts the Magic are trying to unload... I guess that would be a huge selling point for Daryl Morey and the Rockets, they won't give out stupid ridiculous contracts to mediocre players.

14. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Right. Morey will say you had to take KMart so I need to keep Lamb.

I'd offer them White, PPat and Morris plus KMart plus Toronto pick. But would offer Jones too if necessary.

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

(Dwight's friend/insider/whatever he is :p): Better now than it was a month ago, but I believe Rob wants a commitment from him inside the next 2 weeks

16. oddjob142

oddjob142 Member

I would also throw in the Dallas pick and take back Richardson.

17. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

I think that dude is full of you know what. Most posters laugh at his stories.

18. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

What part of my post was "comedy" to you buddy?

19. claydavis

claydavis Member

would not shock me if the Lakers emerged again. They too would take back a contract and the Bynum risk might nit be as bad as the lowball currently. They could always trade him to Cleveland in the deadline. They are stacked with draft pics

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think this is happening.

Hennigan is playing hardball with the wrong person though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.