1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight update: Not close to a trade with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by t0mdotcom, Jul 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kmav23

kmav23 Rookie

if we get dwight need to keep lee as his dwights friend...

2. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

This is good news. Orlando pretty much has to take it and if they don't, we can finally rebuild.

3. solid

solid Contributing Member

If true, the "give the farm away" scenario was not true and that is encouraging. Howard must really hate Houston, it is almost like anywhere but Houston.He said he doesn't want to come here, and may have killed a previous deal to come here. Why are we not getting the message? Surely they won't take him unless he agrees to reup. That would be stupid given he has clearly indicated he doesn't want to be here.

Personally, I like the options of Bynum signed long term or rebuild better than gamble on Howard.

4. OremLK

OremLK Member

Steve Kyler ‏@stevekylerNBA
    Adonal said he saw his firing coming especially with everything that went on last year... when asked who gets Dwight... Houston.

5. vernonmaxwell86

its all smokescreens of smokescreens

6. Grandpappy

Grandpappy Member

As it has been pointed out in several threads previously, The Rockets need cap space. Scola is a veteran that only fits with teams that are contending now. All these teams(Lakers, Spurs, Knicks etc) are at /over the cap . To make a trade with these teams would mean that the rockets would have to take back salary which essentially would have been a pointless transaction for the Rockets. The teams that can absorb Scola's contract without matching salaries would have to under the cap. All such teams are looking to get young and rebuild and did not want to take on his salary and give up a pick which since they are under the cap would probably have been pretty high. I would have liked for them to get a pick out of Scola as well but given the situation that would have been really unlikely.

7. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

i think my favorite scenario would be

Kmart, Toronto pick , White, for D12, Turk.

but i doubt the magic would agree to that
    they would probably try to get lamb instead of white.
    i really dont want to give up lamb though..

8. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Nice!

9. clubberclyde

clubberclyde Member

Ooooooooo...

10. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Talking about Parsons, I was at the game today and when he made that dunk, some women screamed like they had an orgasm or something. I really like him, but that chit has got to stop. :eek:

11. D12 fan

D12 fan Rookie

Love it no way the Magic are getting all of our rookies and draft picks.

12. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Okay that seems more logical.

Unlike some other sources (Bucher and Stein) with what they were throwing out there, talking about us trading the whole farm and taking on a good portion of Orlando's bad contracts.... SMH. - ESPN has lost a lot of credibility in my eyes through these Dwight Howard "proposed deals".

Well anyways from the sound of it looks like Morey is willing to walk away from trade negotiations, really forcing Orlando's hand, which is a good negotiation tactic.

13. conquistador#11

Bucher: Hahaha rockets all they have to offer is one of their rookies and don't have capspace to take on more than one of Orlando's contracts..hahaha.

Cohost: Maury is Mauryballin. It's by design!

Bucher: You a rocket fan?

1 person likes this.
  14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Chuck Nevitt on truebluenation, thanks for copying my post word for word. :rolleyes:

15. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

I think if the hold up depends on if Lamb is included or not, I think you have to do it. He has a lot of potential but you have to get Dwight somehow.

16. LelWestbrick

LelWestbrick Rookie

That deal would be great, but i'd be fine with:

Kmart
    Toronto Pick
    [One of the three rookies]
    [One of our second year players]
    We take Jrich
    We take big baby

That's the current proposed deal PLUS we give up a second year PLUS we take back the not-really-bad Glen Davis contract. Any more than that would push into "prolly not worth it" territory.

17. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I can see DM not agreeing to trading both KMart and Lamb. There similar players and he might argue he needs to keep one.

18. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

I really really hate Bucher.

19. Red.Glare

Red.Glare Member

If Orlando is trying to emulate what Denver did, its not going to work. Who would take Howard on a lease, well into the season? Melo was willing to sign an extension and that makes all the difference. Unless Orlando can somehow work a deal with the Nets after January 15th, they're really limiting their offers by waiting.

20. OremLK

OremLK Member

I think he would insist on getting Jason Richardson back as the bad contract in a scenario where he trades both. He might then turn around and re-sign Courtney Lee, or get some other FA guard.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.