1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight update: Not close to a trade with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by t0mdotcom, Jul 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Dont know if it works, but...

Dwight Howard
    Hedo Turkoglu

FOR

Kevin Martin
    Jeremy Lamb
    1st Round Toronto Pick

Love the simplicity. Don't want Lamb gone, but he might be the only way we deal.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Magic fan before: We're gonna dump all our bad contracts on Houston and rob them of their young talent!

Magic fan now: Trade sucks, do not want, wouldn't touch.

Ha.

3. RocketsFan11

RocketsFan11 Member

My understanding was that nothing could be completed until the deals with Lin and Asik and final and determined so we know exactly where we stand with the salary cap. So I don't know how this is really breaking news.

4. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

Best news ever. Embrace the rebuild. :)

5. Trackball

Trackball Member

I'm just thankful this basically confirms the "trade a ton of players for Dwight and three guys' bad contracts" offer was BS.

Daryl's not stupid. I bet it was Hennigan that proposed that, and Morey instantly rejected it.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Question now is, does Orlando bite? I don't think so.

7. OremLK

OremLK Member

No, but we're probably holding onto our best offer until Asik/Lin get matched.

We agree to take on 1 more bad contract and act like we're doing Orlando a huge favor.

8. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

so we end up with a team with no legit PG/SGs and ten million PFs/C? sounds good.

9. OremLK

OremLK Member

lol. If we're only taking back Turk we could sign whoever we want to fix that with our cap space + the below cap MLE.

10. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Great news for the knee jerkers who were freaking out about giving up too many beloved rookies. This offers looks just right.

Just precisely more than the other guy is willing to pay. Nothing more, nothing less. Sit on your offer, and be patient. You know its the best one on the market for a team that wants to hit the reset button like Orlando.

11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

**** it i'd rather dwight go to lakers and us take bynum for what where offering. Let the lakers pay the difference from what were willing to give orlando and what orlando wants those greedy bastards. They'd possibly be getting a top 10 pick, the #12 pick of a deep draft and getting rid of a terrible contract + Martin and a couple of others and they STILL want more? there testing us tell em to **** off.

12. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I would be very pleased with KMart, one of PPat/Morris, one of Lamb/White/Jones, future picks + any scrubs from Milwaukee or the Knicks for Howard and one bad contract.

13. rocketsfaninala

Morey playing hardball with Magic. Definitely would be willing to give Martin, Morris, Patterson, Parsons, and the draft picks with taking back 2 or 3 bad contracts in the end. After that, I think we just have to walk away. This organization is in good shape with Morey and the right move will be made.

14. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Fixed

15. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

1. In any of the trades with the Magic, we wouldn't end up with a PG, and certainly not a legit one. So...okay...
    2. We would most likely also sign Lee, who seems fo want to play with Howard, according to his Twitter.
    3. Hedo is a SF, not a PF.
    4. Dwight would be only our second rotational center with Motiejunas.

There you go sir.

16. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Love internet comedy! :)

17. claydavis

claydavis Member

wow. It can be argued the nets offer was better. No wonder talks have died down.

18. OremLK

OremLK Member

I don't really see Motiejunas as a center, but hopefully we would get Big Baby back instead of or in addition to Turk.

19. kmav23

kmav23 Rookie

martin/toronto pick

+ we take turk /Richardson

thats the best magic will get....

do not offer anymore as no other team can take bad contracts and give them a quality pick

20. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

I personally see him as a PF too, but he can play both, so I guess he is technically another center.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.