1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight update: Not close to a trade with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by t0mdotcom, Jul 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Doesn't really matter if its the best center in the league you're getting. Parsons or Lamb can easily be replaced.

2. OremLK

OremLK Member

There have been repeated reports they won't.

Anyway it doesn't matter even if they are willing to. Can't take back as many bad contracts without sending back Varejao (who the Magic surely don't want), and Rockets picks, prospects are more and better.

3. mazinger

mazinger Member

LA has absolutely no assets to give. It'd be a straight up swap of Bynum for Howard. It is not happening.

4. OremLK

OremLK Member

I assume what Mejia means is that LA would use some of their expiring guys to take back bad contracts so that the Rockets don't have to.

Where he loses me is in how this is at all worthwhile to Morey. I think Morey is going to say, "We're giving up the pieces you actually want, so we get Dwight or I walk away and you get nothing".

5. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Lakers would have to be willing to take bad contracts, that's the only chip they have to offer aside from Bynum

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Dude, when you use words like "sleaze" and "sleazy" to describe potential deals by the Rockets front office that would be perfectly legal within the CBA, and cannot occur without the avid participation of the Magic, you loose whatever credibility you might hope to have here, and merely look like a shill for another team or Howard's agent, which is just what you appear to be, in my opinion.

7. mazinger

mazinger Member

I'd rather take on the bad contracts if it meant keeping Howard. Bynum IS the 2nd best center but I don't think he'd attract players like Howard would.

8. Dubious

Dubious Member

Two things sell sports tickets, winning and the hope that the near future is winning.

Orlando cannot make a trade that makes them a winner. Only a trade with Houston provides the youth, picks and expirings that will allow the brand new, 30 year old General manager the opportunity to build out his own team over a couple of years. He can work that process over time to build his own resume'. A trade for a 'Varejão' and he's one and done, pass or fail.

It's a no-brainer for Hennigan.

Houston wants Dwight not Bynum. He's the headline act.

But it won't be until Mid-August when Dmo is at least part of the discussion.

(repeat every hour for the next 30 days)

9. djohn2o12

djohn2o12 Member

Tony Mejia ‏@TonyMejiaNBA
    "@JarethOMMB: You think ORL out for Mont holding up deal, thus jiving w/ early August report?" No idea. It's a process. Has been for weeks.

10. DAROckets

DAROckets Member

Bynums knees will be trash in 4 years .

11. ASTROCKETEXANS

To tell you the the I read and based on salary matching and just a hunch the trade is going to be something close to this

Fakers get
    Howard,Turk, Jrich 35 mil

Rockets get
    Bynum, Gasol 35 mil

Mickey mouse gets
    Martin,ppat,parsons,Dmo,Morris,(Douglas,brockman,Johnson, as fillers) Dino's draft pick 25 mil

I think everybody gets what they want the Rockets get to a point where they can win now and have a future.

Rockets might need to add one of this years draftees but it's fine since you can still win now and have good young talent.

12. OremLK

OremLK Member

I thought about us getting Gasol AND Bynum but I don't really buy it.

That's a LOT for LA to give up for Howard. I could only see them doing it if they were confident Bynum's knees were about to explode. In which case the Rockets shouldn't be doing the deal.

Not really a huge fan of it for us in general. I don't think a Lin/Bynum/Gasol trio is a championship contender in a league with Miami and OKC, and you're pretty committed to winning now with that team (Bynum's knees and Gasol's age). You're a playoff team sure, maybe even get to the WCF with a few lucky breaks (though that's a bit of a stretch) but that's where it ends.

13. FloydNDLAL

FloydNDLAL Member

The fakers say no thx. You can give up everything for D-12. Have fun for the next 10-20 years lmao of losing.

14. Dubious

Dubious Member

Dial that back a player with the Dallas pick and the CHA 2nd.

15. D12 fan

D12 fan Rookie

F U Dwight,you don't want Houston F U Mofo.

How do I change my username?

16. ASTROCKETEXANS

Yeah your right but if one of those rookies steps up to be a star or something close to what Harden does for okc then that might get us a championship in the next 2 to 4 years. As far as LA they want Howard bad and they have to give up more than Bynum for him and they will be getting some serviceable nba players in this (granted bad contracts) but price needs to be paid somewhere

17. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

morey's a fool if he gives up DMo, the picks, and takes back orlando's garbage for a 5 month howard diva rental

18. FloydNDLAL

FloydNDLAL Member

[​IMG]

Arye Abraham ‏@arye_abraham
    @jadande he asked for my jersey then i took it off and hes like just kidding mah boy u better pre order myne tho

https://twitter.com/arye_abraham

This kid has ran into D12 numerous times. Check his twitter time line.

19. Pete the Cheat

I got nothing...

This is sad on so many levels...

20. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

What if that "source" is Dwight Howard's agent, who stands to make a much higher commission on shoe contracts and endorsements, which would be larger in a larger market rather than Houston, compared to his commission on Dwight's NBA contract? The agent is just looking out for himself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.