1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight update: Not close to a trade with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by t0mdotcom, Jul 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Dwight rental on the cheap. Dwight for Bynum at the trade deadline (in 3-team deal so we can get more assets). For me, that's how i want this to play out, or we simply focus on what we have, and go after Bynum in free agency.

2. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

If I'm Hennigan, I say I'm trying to wait, to hire a coach and reconcile with Dwight to bide time til Dmo is trade eligible.

3. OremLK

OremLK Member

I'll just bet he LOVES Motiejunas. I wouldn't be surprised to see either D-Mo or Lamb traded. I WILL be surprised if we trade both of them instead of just one.

4. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't see how the Rockets could take that much back. It looks like either Turk or a combination of the others. I don't think they could take anyone else if Turk is in there. That might turn out best for the Rockets as at least he would be an expiring contract that could be traded next summer.

5. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Here is my offer: Parsons, PPat, Morris, Jones, KMart + TOR 1st, DAL 1st & CHA 2nd

I think that's pretty fair.

6. Hak34

Hak34 Member

I don't get why people think Orlando would want or care for PPat or Morris. Both have already shown signs of being marginal role players at best.

7. moreyball

moreyball Member

Depends what bad contracts we get stuck with

8. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Just a guess on my part, but I would imagine there is a point where Morey gives them a deadline to take it or leave it & not drag it out all summer long.

9. TMackin713

TMackin713 Member

Why would we trade parsons? He and Lin clearly have a good relationship. Morey is going to do his best to keep Parsons in order to keep a good ambiance on the team. Don't forget that we have the leverage here. If we get Dwight great, if we don't, the Magic GM will look idiotic for not taking our trade.

10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I wouldn't offer that. That is way too much imo.

The value is that they are able to fill out a roster with low cost players while they rebuild. The real chips in this deal are the draft picks and the salary savings.

11. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

I agree with this. Motiejunas or Lamb will be the center piece of our trade package. I would hope both are not included together. Not without an extension or commitment from Dwight to re-sign here in the offseason so he can make his bucks.

I am more inclined to give Motiejunas considering how well Jones has played. Although, giving up Lamb instead would not be too bad if Jason Richardson is included in ORL's trade package. I like the idea of Howard and Motiejunas in the front line to emulate the Bynum/Gasol pairing. But i also like the perimeter offense Lamb can provide with Howard demanding attention down low.

12. Hak34

Hak34 Member

This.

Its been that way for a few years round here man.

I agree on everything you stated to include Id trade all the rookies, Parsons (really people), DMo and would only change up the deal if it included Lamb....IF D Howard were committed to playing in Houston his next contract.

13. ASTROCKETEXANS

well the price is going to keep coming down the more Dwight/his agent open their mouth. Because it is becoming more apparent that it will be a rental and a gamble whether that team thinks they can resign him or not. Which is a good the thing because then you would give up less young talent to get him and still have the same chance of resigning him (if not more of a chance since you keep more young talent to compete). So as long as we dont give up too much we are sitting pretty.

14. djohn2o12

djohn2o12 Member

We're not trading Lamb or D-Mo. Orlando has no leverage here.

15. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A team in rebuild mode wants marginal role players. They have reasonable contracts and team options going forward. And the Rockets have to match salaries somewhere. It's not necessarily that they want them, but they are likely going to need to take them to get that Toronto pick.

16. Hak34

Hak34 Member

Oh I agree with the needing of salary matching, but Homer glassess off, if Im Orlando here I want young players like White, Parsons, Lamb, Jones, DMo. Thats where it would start for me. Players that haven't necessarily shown an ability to suck for a year or two. Players I could mold starting now with high upside. PPat and Morris may of been top 5 players in Morey's draft board, doesn't mean Orlando thinks so, and it defiantely doesn't think so after watching them play the last year.

17. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

I've come to the conclusion that half of the posts in these Dwight threads are armchair GM's thinking they know what the trade offer is, and the other half are Twitter updates by "insiders" thinking they know what the trade offer is.

18. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Sam Amico ‏@SamAmicoFSO
    Sides still "far apart" in potential Lakers-Cavs-Magic trade, but not deterred by recent comments from agents, ...

19. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

Exactly...Morey has all the power...Rockets have nothing to lose..The Magic do

20. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

I'm assuming we would not be giving up Parsons because honestly, I don't think he has that much value to a rebuilding team. He doesn't have a high ceiling, you pretty much know what you're going to get with Parsons. I doubt he's in any Dwight deal. I could certainly see something like this:

Kmart+PPat+Jones+White+Toronto 1st+Dallas 1st+CHA 2nd for Dwight+J Rich+Duhon+(maybe Hedo)

I think Hennigan is trying to get Lamb and I don't think Morey is budging from that. With Lee and Kmart (in this deal) going out the door we would be left conceivably without a starting 2, and I doubt that's something that they'd want to do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.