1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight update: Not close to a trade with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by t0mdotcom, Jul 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. varuscelli

varuscelli Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

Hannigan can always decide he doesn't like Morey lowball offer and wait all the way to the trade deadline to take it or hope that a better one comes along. I wonder if Morey would be that patient?

3. OremLK

OremLK Member

I think Howard gets traded before training camp or not at all. Bad news is, training camp is still a while out, so this COULD feasibly drag on :(

4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

If they could settle for Martin, Morris, Pats and picks for Bynum, then do it. As long as no rookies are involved.

5. OremLK

OremLK Member

I would count on at least one rookie being involved. And we be willing to give up any two of them if absolutely necessary (hopefully it won't be).

6. TheresTheDagger

He'd be a fool. Nobody else is sniffing at D12 now. Even fewer at the deadline when you only get him for 2 months.

As for the Rockets, I believe they need him in camp this year or the deal is off. In order to sell Dwight on Houston, the Rockets need him the whole year so he can mesh with the team AND get to the playoffs and hopefully make a deep run. If he comes to us in February, we are probably lottery bound and he won't make any connections to the players here and he is gone at F/A next year.

7. Raven

Raven Member

Morey should hang up the phone if Orlando demands Lamb.

Or White.
    Or Parsons.

2 picks
    Terrence Jones
    K-Mart

Take it or leave it.

:cool:

8. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve Member

Yup I'm sure these other offers are just to get Morey to up his offer...and he aint budging (at least i hope)

9. jacoby

jacoby Member

lol what a terrible offer. If I'm Orlando I'd drag this thing out if all I get out of it is an unproven rookie and high lottery pick.

10. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Honestly, I like White more, but I don't think he's necessarily any better of a prospect than Jones. If they insisted on White, I'd be fine with it. Then again, I'd be willing to give Lamb up if it is a deal breaker.

11. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

Actually, thats an okay offer. Look at what the Hornets got for CP3, Cavs for Lebron, or Memphis for Pau. Superstar trades are rarely ever fair. Theyre usually made up of picks, expirings and prospects.

Houston's picks, especially the guaranteed lotto pick from TOR, looks very good and is probably the most valuable piece we have. Orlando is waiting for Morey to slip and be impatient but fortunately, our GM is not that stupid to just give it all for a possible 1-year rental of Dwight.

12. Raven

Raven Member

Fine by me. I don't want Dwight. I think it will be more fun to watch the rookies develop than to endure a season of Diva Drama.

13. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

I've always assumed Lamb and whatever else is on the table, and still do, but I have to admit looking at what NY got for Melo and what NO got for CP3 does give me a little hope.

14. Raven

Raven Member

Trading Lamb will be as big a mistake as releasing Lin.

(that quote could come back to haunt me, but f it)

15. Debriz

Debriz Member

Hey all, Lakers fan here (don't eat me alive) and I decided to register here to ask you guys some questions that are bothering me about this whole situation.

Why are Daryl Morey and the Houston Rockets management seemingly dead set on going for just Howard and not Bynum? I feel like the risk/reward makes this such an easy decision. With the multiple reports out there, especially a few weeks ago saying that under no circumstances would Dwight re-sign here. He doesn't want to come here blah blah blah. While I don't contest there is definitely a chance he re-ups it seems rather unlikely. If you guys have to give as much as we all are lead to assume for Dwight you would have a very thin team outside of Dwight/Lin/Asik/(possibly Lamb). It seems like you guys would be a 5-8 seed probably exiting in the 1st round. (I'm not trying to be offensive here, just what it would seem like with that roster.)

Dwight has seemingly been trying to escape those kind of results in Orlando so having it happening in Houston seems like it would be an easy decision for him to jump ship at the end of the year to go play in Atlanta or Dallas. I will admit that the bird rights are a big deal and a very valuable asset to re-signing someone. In fact in 99% of free agent scenarios you almost always, especially with this new CBA, will see them re-sign. I feel like Dwight could be different though, 4 years would leave him at 30/31 years old, a good age to easily get another max contract.

So with all that in mind i can't fathom why Daryl Morey isn't interested in Bynum. Even if he has to give the same amount of assets up as he would in a Dwight trade, Bynum seems like the much better choice. As someone who has followed Bynum his entire career it's very obvious that his number one priority over everything else is $$$. "there's a bank in every city" is exactly what he said and thinks. Case in point, his interview after we got eliminated by OKC: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgBB04DU__Y&feature=player_embedded

So by going after Bynum you are a lock to having him re-sign (thanks to bird rights) compared to the seemingly massive risk of Dwight leaving at the end of the season. Dwight's priorities don't fit with Houston (wants to play on contender, win now) while Bynums fit perfectly. (money, be the #1/#2 option).

Now before you blast me, understand i like most Laker fans are perfectly fine with our current roster. (We were up in the final 2 minutes of 3/5 of those OKC games, Add Nash+Antwan Jamison and it's very reasonable to assume we wouldn't have lost those games we should have won. We should have been going back to LA 3-2). So this Dwight thing isn't so make or break for us. For you guys though it's very make or break. It will shape your franchise for the next decade. This is why I think Bynum is the obvious pick. You will get a 24 year old superstar center who won't even think about leaving in the off season compared to the massive risk with Dwight. Is the talent different between the two really worth that risk? I'm curious what you guys think (why i made this post) because it really seems like an obvious choice to me.

16. aron

aron Member

Jarrod Rudolph twitted Magic-Lakers talk falls apart 5h ago

17. fleecysphere

fleecysphere Member

This is what's embarrassing about our fans sometimes.

This idea that Parsons is virtually untouchable is ridiculous. I understand slight overvaluing of players, but come on...

Both White and Parsons are expendable, I'd be a little hesitant on Lamb, but even he would make sense if you're not digging into the rest of your pile to stuff into the deal.

18. OremLK

OremLK Member

Duh... Magic don't want any of Cavs garbage and they don't want Bynum

They're just waiting for us to give our best offer

19. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hopefully they've already got it.

20. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Parsons is the most likely to be traded. He'd be a fan favorite, very nice contract, and a solid 2way player. That position is also easy to fill compared to sg and center.

Martin, parsons, jones, raptor and Dallas picks, 2nd rd ers and fillers for dwight, Hedo, and jrich. That's the most id offer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.