1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Tweets #FreePalestine, Deletes It & Apologizes

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by BleedRocketsRed, Jul 12, 2014.

1. mockster

mockster Member

What happens when one country cares about their people and installs a iron dome missile defense system and actually invest and protects in it's country people. Hamas and Palestine on the other hands fire out of civilian homes. Basically they hide out of people's homes and use them
    As hostage and bad rep. N isreal
    Still fires a warning shot to let them know and even compromise not getting the wrong doers. Palestine is not playing fair. N also have shot more missiles into then isreal but Israel's defense system is like 90 percent successful. Isreal is constantly threatened and even pubically called out by Iran on a constant basis about destroying them and disliking them. N who do you think is supporting Hamas Iran and groups and countries in the Middle East. Innocent people are in every war but if isreal
    Go hugs a tree they will
    Get anhilated by people who pubically and obviously speak against isreal.

2. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Man you gotta calm the hell down

3. ross84

ross84 Contributing Member

First, your hypocrisy should not be overlooked. Please don't label me as someone who hates Jews.

Second, you have to look at how Israel was established. Predominantly Jews who are from Europe, Africa, Australia and the Americas formed an army and invaded Palestine. They took the Palestinian people's homes, land and dignity. The country was Palestine and was for Palestinians, not for Muslims, Jews or Christians. Til 1948, the Jewish people of the world slowly took more and more land from the Palestinians and did whatever necessary to do so. Any resistance from the Palestinians was classified as terrorism. The Jewish people want peace because they have already invaded and killed thousands and thousands to do so. With that logic, someone can come into a home murder a family, take the home and call peace? No thank you.

2 people like this.
  4. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i think people forget that this all started when 3 israeli high school boys were kidnapped and murdered for no reason by hamas.

the palestinians also have a very peaceful political group called fatah who want to work together with israel. if the palestinians would decide to give fatah the political power instead of electing hamas officials to positions of power, there would actually be peace.

i'm not taking sides, just siting facts, and a possible solution. the solution being that instead of everyone jumping on the #freepalestine bandwagon, we should look to the people of palestine to free themselves by taking away power from a terrorist group (hamas) and giving it to a political group (fatah).

5. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

First...my hypocrisy? :confused:

Second...i would counter that israel was established by an international coalition. But hell probably those shrewd jews in the bildeberg used their political influence to carve out a small space for jews right in the middle of a land and people that they havent gotten along with since Isaac was born. Guess they not so shrewd after all. So much for stereotypes

6. ross84

No. This all started when Israel invaded and occupied Palestine. Please don't forget the basis of the conflict.

7. trustme

trustme Member

No one knows hamas actually did that. I don't believe they ever admitted it.

8. trustme

trustme Member

Why don't they respect the borders that were created at the time? Why do they have over 100 illegal Jewish settlements on Palestinian land?

9. DCHAMP

DCHAMP Member

See the reason as to why your statements are all incorrect and dont hold any basis is because they are all based on opinion and no hard facts. If it was a war like you stated then wouldnt there be casualties on both sides? Next, the most recent bombing of gaza was due to the fact that 3 israeli teens were killed(something that happens on the daily in palestine btw) thus israel launched nonstop bombing on the entire gaza region killing over 180 people and injuring over 10,000..now tell me if you claim that the whole agenda of israel is that of the defensive because of so called "hamas" then wouldnt they put forward their best defensive strategists in finding the so called terrorists instead of bombing the crap out of innocent civilians? ..Finally if you take a close look why are their israeli soldiers in gaza and no palestinian soldiers in israel? Why are 6yr olds being arrested? Are they a threat to national security?? Should hamas not retaliate while its country is being bombarded with missiles day and night? oh no they are supposed to stand pat and watch the fireworks,,please facts from now on or keep you and your incompetent,opinionated statements to yourself.

10. ross84

"Those shrewd Jews". You really manage to turn everything against Jews.

Those terrorist Arabs don't like their country taken from them.

The people fighting were the Jewish people of the world. Yes they were funded by the U.S. and Britain but how does that justify it?

Actually it is working quite well for them. The Jewish people have an entire country for themselves, fully supported by the majority of the countries and even subsidized by the American people.

11. DCHAMP

DCHAMP Member

Over 200 children of palestian decent are detained and kidnapped by isreal dating back to 2000...thousands of other hv died in bombings and kidnappings...plus it has not been proven that they were kidnapped by hamas it was only predicated to be..third even if hamas lets say kidnap those children then why should a heavily populated region hv to suffer for the doings of a few ppl...:rolleyes:

12. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I haven't gone through the ownership or front office roster of the League, but this would seem to run the risk of perturbing a few of them, including his own.

13. Nivos

Nivos Member

Man this has gone too far.
    Stupid comment by D howard, a guy who is not known for his smarts (8 children from 8 different women? don't you learn man??)
    I'm an Israeli, I want to live in peace, I decided to refuse to fight anymore and I hope many more people from both sides would do the same, its just stupid.

Can we get back to basketball now?

14. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Its a dumb tweet from a basketball player, not a big deal.

15. Amir

Amir Member

There was nothing stupid about his comment. Don't insinuate that people who sympathize with the Palestinian struggle are stupid. I know your people like to be manipulative like that, but do everyone a favor and keep your opinion to yourself.

2 people like this.
  16. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

Let's say Hamas is in Mexico and is firing rockets into Texas constantly. Would the United States just sit idly by and let Hamas do it? No, we would bomb them into oblivion. Collateral damage is certainly terrible, but Israel is doing everything they can to minimize it. I personally believe Israel has a right to defend itself, especially since it is surrounded by enemies and terrorist groups like Hamas and Hezbollah.

17. Hustle Town

You're not scoring any points for your cause by generalizing Israelis as "manipulative."

18. Amir

Amir Member

"By Way Of Deception, Thou Shalt Do War."

^sound familiar?

19. Hustle Town

Your dogmatic argument is not very convincing.

20. Nivos

Nivos Member

Amir, the comment of DH is stupid because it comes from ignorance, saying free Palestine is like saying- "destroy Isreal".
    You know and I know that the Palestines look at every inch in Israel as an occupied territory.
    Well this is a bit of a problem, cause no one is going anywhere so instead of preaching for hatred maybe try to preach for prosperity and education.

just try to change your view a bit and you will understand that it will benefit everyone around you

1 person likes this.