1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight the Gentleman

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Ranny, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Ranny

Ranny Member

Despite all the negativity, disrespect and aggressiveness the Mamba and the entire city of LA has shown towards Dwight he remains respectful, this is pretty classy.

Per Calvin Watkins

Dwight Howard on Kobe Bryant: "Kobe is one of the greatest ever to play the game, he had an amazing career and it all comes to an end for all of us. Someone we all grew up watching and grow from the Afro to the changing of the number to all that stuff, 81 points. He's had a very good career. He paid the way for so many players coming out of high school. His work ethic and everything that he stands for on the court has been great. For 20 years, I mean thats amazing to play this game a long time. I know it will probably be tough after he retires because he loves this game so much. All of us have to face that reality one day just wish him well."

http://espn.go.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0463451917775805288-4

2. Ranny

Ranny Member

So i am guessing since everybody is so angry about our screwed up team nobody gives a **** that Dwight is a gentleman, cool! This thread is like the 2015/2016 Rockets, a bust.

3. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Trade this bum that doesn't even hate Kobe with every fiber of his being. smh

4. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Most players don't experience the visceral hate for each other that fans do. While I doubt there's any love lost, I don't see Dwight as the type to hold a grudge against Kobe forever, and I think Kobe is trying to turn the Lakers season into a farewell tour and has no desire to be remember as the a**hole he is/was.

5. cebu

cebu Member

He's so gentle that he just watch the opponents grab the rebound.

6. PhiSlammaJamma

7. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

For what? Not good to hold on to that crap anyways. If he competes with a passion that is good enough.

8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Is that legal per NCAA rules? :grin:

1 person likes this.
  9. J.R.

J.R. Member

Dwight is a true professional and I hope he retires a Rocket.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Dwight Howard treating kids to shopping spree <a href="https://twitter.com/jcpenney">@jcpenney</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/HoustonChron">@HoustonChron</a> <a href="https://t.co/lDXJIm3NgL">pic.twitter.com/lDXJIm3NgL</a></p>&mdash; Melissa Aguilar (@MelissAguilar) <a href="https://twitter.com/MelissAguilar/status/671831062255808513">December 1, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

10. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

God bless. Little things like this play a huge role in a childs life from potentially going to a negative route to a positive, all because of Dwight having a heart. Thanks, Dwight.

11. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

You gotta love Dwight Howard in real life. But the most fans regard the basketball court as battle field. Therefore, Kobe's mean attitude towards the games gets better perception than Dwight's its-part-of-life attitude.

I'd take Dwight over Kobe most times in real life. On basketball court, Kobe over Dwight.

12. jeevinesh

jeevinesh Member

You must mean in their primes, right?

As if thats the case, most people would pick Kobe over 99.9% of the league in his prime..

13. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

i want dwight the monster. the dwight who breaks someone's hand who dared to block his dunk. the dwight who steals his opponents souls trying to block his dunk. the dwight that dont give a eff about nuffin!

14. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

[​IMG]

15. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

I didn't mean their skills. I meant their attitude towards the game.

16. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I just wish Dwight loved the game of basketball more than the paycheck. Kobe showed that by his hard work and what he did on the court night after night season and playoffs. Not just playoffs or sometimes during the season and just one game in a back to back.