1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Dwight says we will be fine without Parsons.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pocketrocket81, Jul 18, 2014.

Tags:
  1. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Without a doubt, now that I'm calm its really not Morey's fault that free agents ignored the Rockets.

What I do blame him for is why in the hell did he let Parsons become a free agent a year early? :confused::confused::confused:

2. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I personally think this is thread worthy. I was worried that Howard would be upset. If he means what he says, this is good news.

3. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

This is the mentality we all need, I am looking at you Clutchfans. Enough with the crying and complaining, put on your big boy pants and let's get to work.

I cannot wait for this season to start, especially with so many new guys with a lunch pail work mentality. One more playmaker is all we need.

5. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Annnnnd they're off.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Dwight continues to make Lakers fans happy he chose not to re-sign in Los Angeles.</p>&mdash; Brett Pollakoff (@BrettEP) <a href="https://twitter.com/BrettEP/statuses/490283821435482112">July 18, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6. DreamEarlNolan

Last year during the playoffs when I heard there was contention in the Rockets locker room I just assumed it was between Howard and Harden. Based on Dwight's recent comments it appears it may have been between Howard and Parsons. I think Howard's phrasing was very deliberate.

"It won't affect us at all."

"(Ariza) He'll go through a wall for you. Just to have soldiers on your team like that is great."

"We're filling out our roster with guys who are willing to go through that wall and doing whatever it takes to win.''

Based on these statements it seems to me Howard feels Parsons wasn't always about the team and wasn't always willing to do what it takes to win. So much for Parsons recruiting Dwight to the Mavs in the next few years.

1 person likes this.
  7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I am not sure how we are supposed to get to work to win the Rockets a championship. Don't know about you, but I don't expect to earn even a training camp invite, let alone any minutes with the team in the upcoming season.

1 person likes this.
  8. JuNx

JuNx Contributing Member

I really like DH attitude. Got to come out like that.

9. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I'm sure they are happier they spent his cap money on Jordan Hill and Jeremy Lin.

10. traveler

traveler Member

ok

Lakers are wishing that Howard chose them about now. If not then by the time next season starts they will.

I read these myself and smiled. Howard ready to go for it. We needed him so speak up.

Howard and Harden is the core.

11. ttdestroyer

ttdestroyer Member

Maybe he is just talking about Ariza and setting the tone for the roster. Perhaps he is talking to Harden subtly.

12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Seems that way to me too.

13. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

OK, let's get to work making CF a place for people to enjoy the Rockets, not to b**** about things that you admit we have no control over.

14. Hmm

Hmm Member

This is the mentality Harden needs more so than Howard... Howard's shown he's about doing whatever it takes to win... Harden hasn't...

15. soonerfan7277

soonerfan7277 Member

I am really hoping Dwight plays the entire season the way he did in the play-offs. He was beastly, and it gave me goosebumps watching him dominate. I also hope he takes it to the Mavs every opportunity he gets. Go red nation

16. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

Thank you Dwight. Honestly, I'm pretty relieved.

I was seriously worried that he would complain to someone about CP.

17. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

Since Dwight is the reason we don't have Parsons, it's good he feels that way.

18. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Totally agree with this regarding Howard and maturing. I had lunch with a client of mine Thursday that is based out of Ohio, he actually played high school football with LeBron. He spoke about being very happy with LeBron returning home and I talked about Dwight. I told him that initially I was worried about Dwight being immature, but couldn't be happier with what Howard has brought on and off the court.

I'll echo you and say I hope we can put the right pieces around he and Harden to bring a championship back to Houston.

19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

The year they broke out of the 1st rnd was with Artest and took the Lakers to 7.

That success probably weighs on his mind too.

20. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

I agree 100%.