1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight invoking Linsanity

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Terry Teagle, May 1, 2014.

1. gotsis

gotsis Member

Howard is showing great leadership and is really dominating. He gets it.

Time for Harden to step up also.

2. atwood

atwood Member

Great leadership by Howard! He is really the focal point for this team, on and off court.

3. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Might be a desperation thing on Dwight's part. Does the team really have no game plan for Game 6? Uh oh....

4. split41

split41 Member

I was soaking up Harden's beard glory before this postseason, but during this series it's pretty clear to me who this teams true MVP and leader is...mr DH12.

This dude, shows great leadership, professionalism and consistent two-way play. I'm really glad we got him. I use to believe this was Harden's team, but I think the reigns should be handed over to Dwight - dude is reliable and supportive.

5. jbasket

jbasket Member

I would think the knee injury had a factor in that: he hasn't been on the court for a bit, and played some at the end of this year at a high level.

With poor performances by our players in the postseason, I think it makes even more sense to bring a top-flight PG who is clutch, has broken triple double records in the playoffs, and can make get Harden going with easy shots. Also, if Rondo handled the ball more, maybe Harden would have some more defensive energy?

6. yummyhawtsauce

nope, the end goal is still the same.

DH to Lin: we need this Lin, the confident, leave everything out there Lin

DH to Harden: Do you really want the media and everyone else to think that you are a defensive liability? Go shut them up.

7. yummyhawtsauce

lol +1 totally right. Linsanity is a different scenario - GM5 is NOW. would rep if i could

8. Hardensway

Hardensway Member

I think dwight needs to tell mchale to stop ruining linsanity

9. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

Not getting my hopes up, JLin is too unpredictable.

10. theglyde1121

theglyde1121 Member

Well you never know when or if he will have a game like that again. If DH can keep encouraging him and get his confidence level high then the sky is the limit for JLin.

11. Handles

Handles Member

Just bring a bunch of hot chicks on the plane to take pictures with Lin.

12. MadMaxwell

MadMaxwell Member

I've had my doubts about signing DH prior to the season but the man has been nothing but a great representative of the Rockets organization. He's playing his butt off and doing everything he can to win on and off the court for us. I hope he can wake the beard up and put some confidence in him. We need Harden to play his usual self (plus some D) to win this series.

13. jayland

jayland Member

And Linsanity is just a ripoff of Vinsanity. Speaking of which, Vince Carter had a flash back and went full Vinsanity last night. Too bad they couldn't pull it off down the stretch.

14. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

well its on Netflix now so he doesnt have to worry about buying it!

15. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

Say what you will about Dwight being mentally childish and all-smiles and carefree, but he's definitely shown the right attitude (and play) during these playoffs.

16. kmart9419

kmart9419 Contributing Member

McHale tried to suppress Linsanity for 2 years and now Dwight wants Linsanity at the most critical juncture of the season. How ironic.

17. Hardensway

Hardensway Member

We'll see how Mcfail reacts to game 6. He'll probably give pb more mins to his supposed great defense. The numbers show it when you look at lillard's

18. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG]

19. DarkRock

DarkRock Rookie

Good on Dwight for encouraging Lin!

Dwight just confirmed it. Lin always play without confidence when he misses early shots. He then turns into passive instead of always staying aggressive.

I think Milk Hair is mentally owning Lin. Every time Lin misses a shot he sees 2 images. Milk Hair and the bench.

20. vincilicious

vincilicious Member

[​IMG]
    posted 3pm, 5/1/2014

I don't see Dwight... maybe he's too busy watching Linsanity :grin: