1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard's Resignation

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HamJam, Apr 22, 2015.

1. reliableman

reliableman Member

Dude...this couldn't have come at a worse time. You're questioning his mental state while he's mopping the floor with Tyson Chandler. He's taking winning seriously...that's it.

2. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

So because Dwight isn't goofing around or joking in interviews, we're supposed to be concerned? The dude is focused and hungry for a ring. Not to mention he's trying to salvage what up until a month ago was mostly a lost season for him.

3. Marteen

Marteen Member

He hasn't really changed that much as far as post-game interviews goes from his Orlando days.

This was after his team made it to the Finals in '09.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/oKaLapTv81k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  4. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

This thread is reaching

5. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Like when he said: "I don't care about how many points I get. My job is to make sure I dominate the paint."

6. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Also... Howard has been MVP this series. Lol. This thread has no evidence to support that he isn't somehow being successful beyond reasonable expectations. Howard doesn't think he needs to be the next shaq or Hakeem to be happy. He just needs to be Dwight.

7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Trash thread.

Dwight was having a BLAST last night on the court. He was having as much fun as I've ever seen him have. His interview attitude is meant to show the whole "all about business" mindset. Heck, Josh Smith acts like a sad puppy in his interviews.

8. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

It's like most of us have been saying since Dwight joined the Rockets. If he focuses on defense and PnR on offense he is going to get his Orlando numbers and be the best center in the league. It's a win/win for the team and for Dwight. I'm sure he realizes that.

9. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Why do some people try to read into everything so damn much?? At the game last night, he was chest bumping, getting the crowd pumped, and in general, looked like he was having a BLAST playing. It's almost like our fans are incapable of NOT criticizing our players....even when things are going swimmingly.

10. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

Tell me about. I know people that are criticizing Harden right now. lololol
    Harden is averaging 24 points, 8.5 rebs, 3.5 ast in 2 games, against Carlisle, who likes to slow Harden down and force the rest of the team to play.

Dwight told us last month that he wanted to make the ultimate sacrifice. Dwight is FOCUSED!

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=263909

11. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Did you watch the game? Did you see how much fun he looked to be having?

12. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dwight has taken criticism for having too much fun because people believed he wasn't serious enough about the game.

I don't pretend to know what's in Dwight's head. I could imagine anyone who was once one of the top players in the entire league might be a little bummed that he can't always play at the same level that he has in the past.

It shouldn't be a problem for him either way. His play on the court has been a big dose of what the Rockets need. That isn't to say it's been perfect, but Dwight has definitely been the defensive presence we were hoping for, and has worked the PnR to much success.

13. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I think a good indicator to his mood was him during the game while he was sitting out.

That guy is standing up, jumping around, and supporting his teammates.

stupid thread.

14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Ridiculous Thread of the Day Award goes to.... HamJam!

15. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

No offense op, but: this^^^^^^^^

16. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

That's cool, I accept it. I was probably misreading his playoff game face -- I certainly hope so.

The people saying I am criticizing Howard are wrong though, just seeing if other people are getting the same impression I was getting -- and the answer seems to be a resounding "no".

Thanks for the feedback, I'll wear my "ridiculous thread of the day award" in all due shame.

1 person likes this.
  17. 34to11

34to11 Member

Old media narrative has taken up space in your mind, rent free, and refuses to leave.
    Strip away the spin and you will learn this is how Howard has ALWAYS been during the playoffs. Serious.

18. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

You said he seems sad/somber/resigned/realized his dreams have been dashed...

Is that supposed to be complimentary?

19. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

It is neither a criticism or a compliment, it is an observation. As I said in my OP, if he continues to play this way we will make a special run in the playoffs and he will be an all nba 1st teamer and defensive player of the year again -- is that criticism?

20. tnopham

tnopham Member

I believe you're misinterpreting it. He's all bout business and winning at this point. The reporter asked about his performance and he flat out said he doesn't care about his numbers but about doing everything he can defensively to help the team win.

I think he also realizes as well as a lot of people on this board it's only 2 games. There's nothing to be happy about right now. We haven't done anything. We of all people should know to not get excited about going up 2-0.