1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard's Resignation

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HamJam, Apr 22, 2015.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

interesting you say you're not criticizing him yet you think he seems almost sad. what does that sound like

2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Not worried about demeanor, he's fine.

What i'm worried about, it the possibility that last night was a fluke.

He played 17 mins in the first game, he looked good, then he played full minutes last night and looked amazing.

But it's only been 1 and a half games, and people here are getting really excited about Dwight, as they should be, but i'm worried his play wont be sustained over our whole playoff run.

Dirk, Amare and CV are terrible defenders, Chandler is good but he's on a complete island out there with the surrounding defenders. JJ? Ellis? Jefferson? All terrible as well.

The only players that aren't awful defenders are the following - Aminu, Chandler

Rondo would also go on that... but not in his current state.

3. Ns575

Ns575 Member

not only is the PnR the best play we have it's the only play we have.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

you can go ahead and sit there and continue to worry while the rest of us enjoy whats infront of us.:cool:

5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I agree with OP, resigning Dwight is looking like a much better proposition now.

6. hakeemthagreat

Not at all. Dwight has looked EXTRA geeked since game 1. He has a certain bounce I'm not used to seeing. Almost like he's having fun. No complaints

7. tnopham

tnopham Member

The guy goes for 28 and 12 and you want to talk about how you think he sounds sad.... Dafuq?

8. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

He looks like a guy who is doing everything he can to make sure we advance.

9. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

That's why I am concerned. He played awesome, but he seemed so somber afterwards, he made me worry he may become dissatisfied with this role that he excels at (just as he once did in Orlando).

Hopefully it is just his somber playoff game face and I am misinterpreting it, because I want him to continue playing in this exact role for his entire Rockets career.

10. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Sad at what? Did you not see that ga....nevermind man. Jesus............................................

11. apollo33

apollo33 Member

yo he smiles too much, stop smiling

yo he smiles too little, stop sulking

12. jbasket

jbasket Member

I don't get it. He doesn't play as well and is smiling, and people crucify his drive. He gets serious, somber, and plays like a top 5 player in the league, and now he's not happy? One of these things is not like the other. He is straight killing it right now; everything he has said here has been positive. He doesn't want to leave.

13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

#PlayoffDwight has never smiled. It's winning time. Last year he was getting all the post ups he could handle and acted the same way.

14. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Idk I think you're reaching here to be honest.

15. HamJam

Agreed. But he once upon at time looked like that in Magic uniform as well, and he then became dissatisfied with that role -- and it took him two teams, 3 seasons and several injuries to come to play that style of basketball again.

I am just wanting him to stay on this track, and not revert to a different style of play due to dissatisfaction.

16. VivaChelseaFC

VivaChelseaFC Member

Excellent one star thread

17. HamJam

I didn't tell him to stop sulking, I am just seeing if other people noticed something off in his demeanor and expressed hope that he continues to embrace this role that he excels at.

18. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

If anything he seems humbled and content to cede the superstar role to Harden. He knows that letting James be the man is his only shot at a title.

19. SemisolidSnake

Baiting title gets 1 star. Dwight's just more serious than anyone ever game him credit for. That's good. I'd much rather see players talk about how things could have been better as opposed to the standard pablum you get in most interviews. Shows they've got higher expectations, and that's always good.

20. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

We want him here. He wants to be here. He will continue playing here, alongside Josh Smith, for seasons to come. Dwight is back. He has looked phenomenal. He strikes fear in the heart of opposing teams.

He is not resigned. He was tired from playing his ass off.