1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard's ejection from the game in OKC

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

How much abuse is he suppose to take?
    The be constantly Bashed and Hit and pulled and not retaliate

He misses shots because he is hack . .then guys like you run in screaming about a low shooting percentage and he is no longer elite

This is not a SUPERSTAR LEAGUE
    it's a REF'S LEAGUE

If Draymond Green got the calls Dwight got he'd be ha hack on the bench
    But know. . he is allowed to be dirty and set moving screens . . so now he is a superstar

Rocket River

2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

after jvg's $100k fine, i doubt they ever complain again

3. Kash

Kash Member

I've almost stopped getting mad now. What about the most egregious rake to the face on Brewer, where all eyes were on him and Westbrook? Should have been a flagrant with the windup but not even a common foul. Yeah, it's been known NBA refs have rigged the game for betting purposes, so I'm sure we've got more dirty refs out there.

4. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

The rule of the jungle ...

If the refs miss that hard foul, we send a message by fouling somebody else hard. Somebody like Durant. Even if that player gets ejected. That's the way to make it stop.

But we are indeed p*****s. We don't make anyone respect us.

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Steve. . . .what did you think about the call?
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VJtVEStfxSg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rocket River

1 person likes this.
  6. kidhoward12

kidhoward12 Member

The reason Dwight hurt is back is the poor officiating. After 8 years of constant banging with no calls it caught up with him. It's sad to be honest

7. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Obviously that's not what anyone here is implying. But every time this crap surfaces, we're reminded that refs shouldn't dictate a game. We've seen this kind of thing in the playoffs.

8. ibm

ibm Member

i like dwight. but this is a reach.

he gets injured because of the way he's always been playing, relying on god-given athleticism. a beat is a beat, doesnt matter if the refs call it a foul or not.

9. Velcromium

Velcromium Member

It is the same a** officiating they were doing with Yao!

Fauq the NBA!

It is all rigged! EVERYTHING IS RIGGED!

Now go back to your TV sets and shut up.

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

and then be banned from the league for life.

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

If you do bull**** officiating against THE BIG MAN . . .you don't get to complain about the decline of THE BIG MAN

Rocket River

12. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

think of all the times you see players just jump on his back....grown men..200+ pounds jumping on his back and alot of times he is not prepared for it.

last night, he was bent over when Ibaka landed on top of him....now you cant tell me that has no effect

13. monkeyboy32

monkeyboy32 Contributing Member

During the game I was pretty upset about the Westbrook elbow on Bev, but after watching it more closely here, it appears to me that his elbow swings by Bev's head area after he's already passed by him so no contact.

The blatant hack at Brew's head face tho was completely inexcusable. On a fast break where all eyes should have been on only 2 players there is no way you miss that call. I was already mad at the Dwight ejection, but at that point it just became obvious the refs were trying to screw us.

I also take an issue with JB for not at least getting a Technical himself. For them to stop play to review Bev's foul on Russ, and not even call a common foul on that fastbreak?? BS, I know JB is not considered a legitimate candidate for the job next year (thank god) but if he wants other teams to recognize that he has the coaching chops to make it, he needs to know that situation required for him to stand up to the refs and at least get 1 technical called on himself.

14. Caesar

Caesar Member

Listening to the OKC play by play was unbearable. They completely ignored Westbrooks smack to the face on brewer which should be a flagrant 1 and kept going through the replay to see bev reach in for a steal which is a normal play to me and they were saying it needed to be looked at as a tech. I was absolutely blown away and disgusted.

15. OTMax

OTMax Member

Referees have way too much power!! WTF is up with that no call on Brewer?? That should've been ejection before Dwight Howard's if anything....**** THE NBA REFEREES!!!

16. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Dwight is treated unfairly but just remember, we have James Harden who gets calls when defenders just breath on him

17. MtthwPnngbtn

MtthwPnngbtn Member

Not going to discredit okc's win, but if DH was still in the game it would have been a different story imo.

18. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

GSW gets it from all fronts. Curry gets fouls for breathing on him, while Bogut can thrash people and set moving picks with no consequences. That's how you win at basketball; get the free points.

19. Rocket4Life11

Rocket4Life11 Contributing Member

Someone should've gotten into Westbricks face after that.

No leadership what so ever.

20. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

The refs single handily ruined a very good basketball game in a matter of moments...

Completely unacceptable game by all 3 officials, and the NBA needs to get this taken care of.

Im tired of seeing Dwight Howard get punished for being the bigger, stronger, and more athletic player.

Plus don't even get me started on the Corey Brewer "blocking" foul when he stood there squared up for at least a whole full second or even the play where he almost gets his head decapitated by Russ...

like wtf were the refs doing this game? At some point the Replay Center in Secaucus, New Jersey should have the power to communicate with the refs and to let them know when and where they blatantly made errors or missed a flagrant foul call!

jesus, Im still salty ASF.:mad: