1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard's ejection from the game in OKC

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

The league needs to fix the bad officiating and they need to look at what happened tonight. Something has to change. They should have been able to go back and look at Corey getting hit in the face, for instance. I think a coach should get a certain number of replays. When a call is that bad and that wrong and when a bad call leads to a star player like Dwight being ejected they need to be able to review it. Or the replay HQ should step in. Something.

Because a game like tonight's makes basketball the opposite of fun to watch. I had a horrible time watching tonight's game and it's not because of anything any of the players did, on either team. The refs shouldn't have that kind of impact because (a) it shouldn't be about them, and (b) it really denigrates the integrity of the result and the standings.

1 person likes this.
  2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I couldn't watch the game, so did he get called for the push or saying something to the ref after the shove? Looks like he said something to the ref as he was running back up the court or something.

3. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

Its messed up that Westbrook can pound on Dwight's head with force multiple times trying to take a foul but Dwight gets ejected for this.

4. malakas

malakas Member

if it was because of something he said well here is Taj Gibson yesterday :
    https://streamable.com/pv0o

He got no tech and he didnt' get ejected. But ofc Gibson has a good reputation.
    These refs are blatantly unfair.

5. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Wow talk about a bullchit ejection on Howard. I see why he was pi$$ed off

6. hakeemthagreat

Face it, for whatever reason the league hates Dwight. If you notice when we're up or down by a significant amount, all the calls are on Dwight. He can't play to his strength because he's penalized every time he touches his man. The other guy can be literally beating on Dwight, but its always Dwight getting called. I can't remember the last time someone got a flagrant for fouling Dwight. I feel sorry for D12. The conspiracy against Dwight 100% true

7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

That's almost every play. Dwight could've directly said something about the ref to him. lol. I can't imagine the ref ejecting Dwight for that baby shove -- it's got to be for something that was said to/at him.

8. dmoneybangbang

Terrible officiating. But opposing teams know how to get under Howard's skin, he really needs to work on that.

9. lionaire

lionaire Member

The single most unfairly officiated player I have ever seen.

10. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Next game Bev will take Westbrooks knee out

11. You Stone

You Stone Member

[​IMG]

12. dmoneybangbang

Rewatch the Kings v Laker playoff game in the early 2000s.

13. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

They aren't just trying to kill off Dwight. They are trying to kill the big man game all together. I think the league would rather see 5 pg's who can barely dunk shoot a gazillion three's and have a kid do the talking than allow good basketball to happen. Alot of people gave Stern some crap but Silver is starting to look like the worse commisioner ever! Help bring nack 90's basketball. There was a time when real men played on the court. They bumped bruised and fought for a ring. Hakeem, Ewing Robinson, Malone, Barkley, Shaq, mutombo, Kemp and many more fought in the paint. Silver is making the league " soft as charmin" ! I hope there is a garbage truck full of angry letters and the NBA's server goes haywire from the amount of angry emails from Rockets fans and all bigmen fans. It is complete BS!

14. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Someone post the clip of like three okc players beating the dog **** out of Dwight before he goes up for a lay up to get him on the line, Westbrook was beating on him like a drum. How that is not illegal is beyond me. It's like it's ok because he is strong. So ****ing stupid and fristrating for me to watch. No wonder he gets pissed.

15. You Stone

You Stone Member

The easy answer is bigs can finish though contact in the post and guards can't finish on the perimeter or on the drive when they get fouled. So they killed the post game altogether (which is a huge part of basketball) just so the refs could better control the outcome of games.

16. theoldblood

theoldblood Member

Dwight Howard needs to drop the nice guy act and straight knock someone out.

17. Moleb

Moleb Member

There is a thread on ish.com where basically the fans are saying this seasons basketball & the way its officiated has made all games unbearable to watch. & I agree, its painful to watch national televised games, let alone our games. The NBA has gotten too soft imho. And i think the fans are starting to realize it by not watching. Every game on national TV is a blow out, and when a game is close, the refs miss crucial calls. Even Jeff Van Gundy makes fun of how soft and stupid the league is. Like example the spurs game where you could foul the in bounder with the hack-a-shaq.

18. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I agree! If the league wants to allow these twits to beat up on Dwight then Dwight should have every right to throw an elbow ala Malone at these guys as well! Again I think the league is trying to increase the pace of the nba by making extremely guard and wing oriented but is actually killing the NBA! If they want to increase the pace and speed of the game just stop allowing stupid ticky tac fouls on big men and let them go to work. Let, marc Gasol, anthony Davis, Dwight Howard, cousins ... play their game. Stop giving them crap fouls and let the Big Men play!

19. Remlap

Remlap Member

The league may have it out for Dwight since he dissed the Lakers,
    their princess franchise.
    Left them in a shambles with the corpse of Kobe Bryant.
    Once the darlings of the NBA, now they can't attract any top FA's and their
    bandwagon fans are donning Blue and Gold (GSW)

No pity for LA from here

20. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Nice:grin: