1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard, the new best center in the league

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by watashi315, Dec 2, 2007.

1. watashi315

watashi315 Member

A new article saying how Dwight Howard is becoming the best center in the NBA.

Yahoo Sports Link

2. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

It must be nice to have that luxury.

3. thelasik

thelasik Contributing Member

WTF is up with all these Dwight Howard threads? Can't you scoll down half a page and see that there are already two threads on this topic?

4. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

You've gotta give as much exposure as possible to the best center in the league, don't you know that?

5. tchou

tchou Contributing Member

Stop feeing the DHo hype. His good now, but def. not "the best center in the league."

6. entirelydave

entirelydave Member

are you kidding me?

who is then?

7. tested911

tested911 Member

He is the BEST center in the league. ( My Opinion ) but more than half on this board believes so also. The dude is like only 21 I believe? Wake me up when Yao gets 30/20 more than once a year. Also when Yao out rebounds/blocks Dwight H. I will kiss a Donkey's ass ( move over Charles I'm ready )

8. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

I think he is kidding, no way he says Yao. We would all like to think Yao is the best and he definately has the potential, but aside from the Rockets losing right now, he just isn't as dominant as he should be. Dwight is the shiznit, plain and simple. No better big man right now.

9. parmesh

parmesh Member

Rockets: The Truth

The Truth: as simply as i can put it

yao isn't going anywhere
    tmac isn't going anywhere

also, imo dwight howard has had an awesome start to the season, but numbers won't tell you who the better center is, sorry. yao is better in most aspects, minus (of course) athleticism and rebounding. The magic would kill for yao, probably even trade dwight for him if they had the chance, since the system there is setup up to cater to the center, and under that system, with yao's skill set, he would be doing even better statistically than dwight is now (minus the rebounds) since he much more flexible, especially on the offense...dwight is in my top 5 favorites so don't get me wrong i like him a lot, but i think he's more overrated than yao is, and i think stan van gundy has a great system set up around him. but i'll take yao, even though i admit i doubted him for a looooooooong while, over dwight. he's just overall better.

10. hermbob

hermbob Rookie

So if a great system was set up AROUND Howard in Orlando THIS YEAR...and they're having success with new faces and a new coach as far in to the season as the Rockets are...

Why are we giving a free pass to Adelman?

11. parmesh

parmesh Member

Adelman is a good coach, better than stan, and i had some bigger expectations and i still do, but honestly stan is doing the job better over there in orlando, granted it is in the east.

12. parmesh

parmesh Member

been reading DDs posts for a long time, he hasn't changed has he? everyone is entitled to an opinion, no need to rub things in.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He is the best center in the league and it is not even close anymore.

DD

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Every time I watch the Magic play, it's harder to resist the idea Howard is already better than Yao. But I keep thinking Howard's going to hit a rough patch later on and that Yao might explode later in Adelman's system when the Rockets hit their stride.

15. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

How does this jive with your thread about believing in the GARM? Seems pretty stupid at the moment..

16. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

Agree. Howard's sick athleticism advantage at his size gives him the edge over anyone and everyone inside.

You can't outmuscle him, and you can't outquick him at the 4 or the 5. Is he what a young Barkley would have been if he was 7 feet tall?

17. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

thank you

18. kungfueurotrash

Dec. 19th will see who wins in the matchup..... The Chinese Godzilla is coming.....

19. kungfueurotrash

Yah Damn right!!!! The Chinese Godzilla is coming!!!!

20. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Point well taken but Shaq outmuscled him earlier this season. He's so big Howard looked like a little boy next to him. The look on Howard's face was priceless. He isn't used to being shoved around so easily. That's what an 80 lb weight advantage does for you.