1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard shoots down report he's unhappy in Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 16, 2015.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

This is the same weirdo who called himself a "Champion". Who knows WTF is going on in his brain.

2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

isn't it correct that in our win against POR, JB slowed down the offense in the 2nd half, and that seemed to work quite well? i seem to remember us making a concerted effort to value possessions that game and get the ball into harden at the elbow post-up almost every time down the stretch. and since then we've steadily regressed back to the playground crap

3. GBRocket

GBRocket Contributing Member

Dwight alleging foul play in the media? Hmm...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/y08gvGpGCwA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

I would believe that but sometimes I wonder if he thinks about the time when he had the opportunity to choose between the Warriors and the Rockets in free agency 2 years ago. I'm sure hes unhappy.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

warriors were never a realistic option

6. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I usually agree with a lot of what your saying but I can't on this one..... Dwight is terrible down low he's not even producing in gimme pubacks anymore. Seriously kostas koufas hit 3 baby hooks around the rim dwight couldn't even lay it in right under the basket.

I know he is getting hit hard down low but at the same time he's ths strongest or atleast one of the strongest centers in the league and your telling me he can't fight through it for a dunk or lay in? I don't think so, he just has no touch im not buying that he needs more post touches. It's bad slow Inefficient offense that is not conducive to winning basketball in the nba now.

I don't care who you are from end of the bench to starting center 4 point and 4 rebounds in 28 min is just unacceptable and this is coming from the guy who's making 23 mil and is supposed to be the face of the franchise with JH.

We can dog harden but we can't point out that dwight simply is abig negative for the past 2 games? To make matters worse he's been terrible on defense the past 2 games as well.

I just think dwight is who he is there is a clear reason why every team he's been on has major problems with chemistry and coaching every were he's been. We can blame other guys? Sure. But it starts with the guy who is supposed to be a team leader its highest paid player and face of the franchise with JH.

JH gets hella flack around here and some of it is warranted but he's been bad at defense this isn't anything new and we've won big with him. What's dwights excuse for poor rebounding and defense? I'm waiting.

7. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Has Clutch said anything about this topic yet? He attends most of the practices I think and he probably observes everything.
    From what I heard from someone who attended a practice recently, It was noticed that Dwight wasn't sulking or pissed off or just down in general. He was working seriously but he was still having fun interacting with DMO, TJones, even Harden. He just had a great demeanor. Now maybe Orlando Magic fans will come here and say after he indicated issues with SVG and the team, he still had a great demeanor in Orlando.

I'm with Mathloom, basketballholic and others that have said this. If he is unhappy about anything it's the losing and to a slightly lesser extent his role on the court, and that's expected. I don't think he's unhappy about being on the team, his teammates, JB coaching, etc. The guy just wants to win.
    I think Sheridan borrowed "sources" from his ESPN colleague.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

what exactly has Houston won big

9. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

If he'd join the Warriors, Warriors would have had to give up Thompson, Bogut, and Barnes. They'd still be mediocre without those three players, and plus they wouldn't have Iguodala either.

Howard made the best decision.. for the Warriors.

10. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I'm I dunno maybe 54 and 56 games the last two season maybe a 4th seed followed by 2nd seed in the playoffs. I dunno maybe a WCF birth that dwight did help a lot I admit that but come on man to act like this is all JH fault is just clueless. If we had a 2nd option that could be relied upon for I dunno 18/12 ( sounds like dwight) this team would be a lot better right now.

11. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Clutch shot down the rumor I believe.

Dwight is unhappy with losing. He left LA for that reason. I don't blame him and I can see why he's frustrated. This style of basketball effin blows. Jacking up 3s at a low clip. What's to like about that

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

I definitely don't think its all his fault but he gets no pass from me like others around here. you're saying the rockets did all that with harden's bad defense but in reality it's at its lowest point this year not the seasons before.

13. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Im not saying that James isn't at fault in fact he's the best player by far so he should be held to higher standard but so should dwight. JB the players always say we gotta follow James and dwight and let them lead us.

James has been scoring at a very effecient Clio the past few weeks and dishing out 7 assist and grabing 6 rebounds. Offensivly I don't think he can do much more dwight hasn't held his end of the bargain at all this season. How can u argue that 4 points and 4 rebounds is acceptable by the teams highest paid player and supposed superstar best center in the game? It not just stop. James had 33 on 10/18 shooting he's not the problem last night just stop.

14. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

Sure it would have been hard for the Warriors to get him but still that has to factor in. The Warriors are on a roll and we cant even beat the BROOKLYN NETS.

#34 danoman, Dec 16, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
  15. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Maybe Morey started the rumor to grease the trade through the media door (and give himself an excuse for a trade that doesnt seem to our advantage). Probably not, but who knows... This season stinks.

16. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

I'll settle for "Whiteside and Winslow Unhappy in Miami."

17. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

You ain't bulls***tin'.

18. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Watching that awkard exchange - when SVG said it was D12 and then D12 walked up, oblivious to what hasd been said, and lied his butt off... really soured me on the dude... I wanted no part of him going forward... I was pleasantly surprised when he came to town and seemed to be an amicable guy and a good teammate...

That said... I still cant put alot into what he says - due to history...

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

actually he was a problem last night. you can easily look at the box score and say this but for someone who actually watched the game Harden doesn't get a pass. The reality is houston supposedly two "leaders" are extremely flawed at this point. Whether they do something about it to fix it remains to be seen.

20. chandlerbang21

He is the easiest target for the media to exploit for views and click