1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard says he has "about a good 10 years left" in him

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

He didn't bite on any questions about potential free agency this summer (he can opt out), saying his and the team's only focus is on winning a championship this season.

[youtube]Be0zaluhals[/youtube]

Also, full interview:

[youtube]TDOiDapF9hg[/youtube]

2. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

I'll ask him about FA next time he is on Periscope.

3. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Let's get through 1 good year first.

4. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

If he wins a chip for us this year, he has my personal blessing to
    bugger off in FA.

5. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

#5 Plowman, Sep 30, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2015
  6. Chamillionaire

I'm sure he'll be back. Morey's had his back since he's gotten here. He's stated he believes Dwight is the best C in the league even though he gets destroyed by DMC every time they go head to head.

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

Sure. I guess career avg for Demarcus cousins against Dwight of 15 ppg/8 Rebs and 47% means destroyed every time.:rolleyes: Not to mention less than a block per game.:rolleyes:

8. linkz1993

linkz1993 Member

Also When he actually takes a team full of 3 point shooters to the Finals or even makes the playoffs and wins 3 DPOYS , leading the league in rebounds

9. malakas

malakas Member

I liked Dwight's answers. I don't believe 10 years but if all goes well 4 years probably he has.

10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

haa when i clicked on that link i was playing pink floyd's wish you were here album. it's been a while for to listen to them. :)

11. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

Health permitting... No knees or back going out (which is a legitimate concern). He could probably go another 7-8 years. Big men with good feet and a nose for rebounds don't lose teams interest. People forget that his standing reach is REALLY high. He will be able to dunk off the flat foot for the duration of his career. He may not be the starter for that time (on a good team), but "health permitting" he's got a lot of gas left in the tank.

12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

10 years sounds about right... In dog years.

Jk, would be cool if Howard plays till 40.

He'll likely fall of big time around 34-36 (or sooner if hit by injuries) but he may be a serviceable Dikembe type back up center for another 4-5 years of his career until he's 40 if his health allows him to do so.

13. Rokman

Rokman Member

I'm guessing max of 8 years but with medicine progressing the way it is.... Who knows

14. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

I would guess 4-5. More if he had actual all around game that didn't depend on athleticism.

15. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

he's not gonna say 2 or 3 with the new cap raise coming up. he should've gone for 20, try to get a 15 year/1billion contract

16. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Dwight is not a leader but he's a great guy, I'm sure he brings tons of positive energy to the team and it always seems like he has an interest in letting young guys acclimate and staying focused. That's its own kind of leadership, and a necessary kind. You can't have only Michael Jordans or Kobe Bryants in the locker room, you need the rodmans and the shaqs too. Unfortunately we don't have a traditional leader but i think James is sneakily growing into that role again in his own way.

This is a really great Rockets team. IMO all things considered we are the best team and can win it all this year even if Dwight misses 30 games and D-Mo needs till christmas to be effective.

17. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

About 10 good years in what? Making baby mommas? Farting around? certainly not NBA level basketball.

For a guy whose main weapon is athleticism I see 4-5 years tops. One more big contract and he is done.

18. dje243

dje243 Member

Dwight Howard is wrong.

19. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

Praying that he gets a ring with us within the next 5 years

20. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Disagree. I see at least 15 years.