1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard Ready to Sign Long Term With Lakers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by wiseguyX, Jul 19, 2012.

1. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

3rd best team in the west 4 or five years from now but I can deal with that.

2. PeppermintCandy

I totally understand why Alexander and Morey would want Howard in Houston.

But if he comes here, I'm going to feel like I need a shower everytime I watch a game.

3. what

what Member

this sounds like bull**** to me. Neither the lakers, nor cleveland has the type of draft picks that would compel orlando to do an idiot deal like that.

And I'm one that usually mocks rockets fans for their unrealistic posts, but in this case, the rockets picks are better, the rockets players are better (for the trade), this just doesn't make sense.

4. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

They really can't get him there with Bynum saying he would re-up in Orlando. This changes nothing.

5. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

That team would not be 3rd in the west.. It is still a lottery team because it is such a young in-experience team. Most of those guys are 1st to 2nd year guys. Bynum is only 25 and he's not mature enough to lead a team. They are still learning and it will probably take a few more years for all these guys to grow up together and start to become a threat in the West. But as of now, the team is very young and inexperience.

But that lineup would be incredibly fun to watch. They will win some exciting games but lose a lot of games due to their experience. They will probably be 11th or 12th in the west. But if they keep their own 1st round pick, they will be in the lottery and have a chance to draft a star to team up with Bynum, Lin, and Lamb. Those 3 young men will grow together and a few years from now will be a threat.

6. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

^Yep the Rockets offer will be the best they'll get. Cleveland's pick will be out of the lottery bc I think Irving and Bynum would be enough in the East to get into the playoffs. That would actually almost ensure that Toronto is left out, which would be good for us.

7. NVDem Rockets

NVDem Rockets Member

I know this is kinda off topic, but if we get Bynum can we offer Josh Smith a contract? Or do we have to wait till next summer?

8. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Injured centers are usually not a good idea. Centers usually don't get healthier over time.

9. eman

eman Contributing Member

This! Why do the rockets need this? Let's go young guns!

10. MONON

MONON Member

Hey! I'm excited about the upcoming season! I just don't know whether it will exciting to watch Howard/Bynum & the supporting group or the youngsters develope.

11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Sorry, but I had to FIFY. :)

12. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

If we can get Bynum without giving up any rookies, count me in.

13. da_juice

da_juice Member

In which case, we might be better off letting Bynum going to Cleveland and using this year to groom the young'uns. Giving us two high picks.

14. cheifbootknocka

Meh, screw them both, I'm good with Omer/Harrelson

15. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

phew, good. Yup, I'd rather have Anderson Varejao and a the solace of knowing that there's a happy rich Dwight Howard than Jeremy Lamb and a lotto pick if I'm Orlando's GM.

16. solid

solid Contributing Member

This is a MAJOR concern in this situation that many forget. I think it is time to roll with what we have.

17. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

Thats funny. Houston or not the Lakers will make the trade with another team involved. Namely the Cavaliers.

18. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

He's ready to go, but too bad he doesn't have any way to get there.

Womp womp.

19. acshen

acshen Contributing Member

Rudolph is not credible after what he said about the Nets deal being imminent

20. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

Dwight Howard is ready to get PWNED by the Magic FO. It doesnt matter what HE wants, its about what Magic wants.