1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard Playoff grade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Apr 28, 2014.

?

Dwight has played

1. better than expected

220 vote(s)
    75.1%
  2. about what I thought he would

66 vote(s)
    22.5%
  3. worse than expected

7 vote(s)
    2.4%
  1. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

He's been f'n awesome. That insane 1st quarter of game 3 was legendary. I believe because of all the energy he used in game 3 he blew 2 dunks tonight.

It's a shame the Rockets will piss away one of his prime years in the first round.

If it isn't injuries that take us out of playoffs (Yao/Tmac) its useless players like Lin that do the justice.

2. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

Dwight has been great, what more could you reasonably ask for? Him and Troy Daniels get the only A's right now.

3. deshen

deshen Member

That is not the problem, if Harden had more experience and could play calmly without bricking those 3s in the overtime, the result could be different now.

4. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

The Mavericks team that would have been without Calderon, Harris and Ellis because they wouldn't have had cap space after signing Dwight?

5. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Or even Dallas. I hate thinking he regrets his decision, but... yeah. And it doubly sucks b/c this team could be so much greater than it is if he could abandon his desire to prove himself as a post player after all these years. Blah.

6. Edward77547

Edward77547 Member

I feel embarrassed, because the media will eat him up. He picked our team and the team let him down. He played his ass off, but people will just laugh at how he wasn't able to get farther then when he was with the Lakers.

7. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

He needs to be more vocal and shows some veteran leadership. Harden, Parsons, TJones and Lin all encountered different levels of difficulties in adjusting to playoff intensity.

8. KlutchQT

I'm not talking about this series in a vacuum. Harden and Howard playing together to their collective maximum potential is something that has been an issue all season, IMO.

9. KlutchQT

UGH this is how I feel. Good night.

10. Karolik

Karolik Member

Why do you think he came to Houston? To run the P&R with Harden? Hello no. He came here to learn from two HOF big men, McHale and Hakeem. He wants to be like Shaq, like Hakeem, instead of playing to his strength. IMO that may end up being his downfall.

11. dookiester

dookiester Member

There was a very ugly stretch late in the 4th where it looked like James was frustrated about having to run the offense through Dwight (didn't help that Dwight didn't convert on a couple of those), and pouted about it by letting Batum just waltz by him. I agree they need to spend some time together in the offseason to work on the chemistry, but shouldn't be surprising that its not there yet. Still only their first season together.

12. zipcrash

zipcrash Member

silver linings in the playoffs

dwight howard

troy daniels

13. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

Another thing is that Dwight is actually hitting his free throws when it counts.

14. FOBolous

FOBolous Member

Howard has been our lone bright spot.

15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

you can post up and run the PnR Dwight.. Rockets would have won if they found some kind of balance with the PnR. Karl Malone and John Stockton (spit*) are Hall of Famers because they ran the PnR to death.

Why doesn't Dwight want to be a Hall of Famer?

Dwight is having a great post season but his unwillingness to run the PnR (more) is hurting us.

16. tangwentao

tangwentao Member

DH absolutely is the best center after Yao. His play in all the past four games was just amazing. But his teammates let him down. Just as what we are talking here, we are not afraid of God-like opponent, but goose-like teammate.

Three things cost us us G4
    Harden's blind shoot Can't Harden drop off more pass when he cannot score? he lacks the ability of clutch shot (that is why i miss tracy)
    Lin's turnover (really stupid mistake when we are taking a lead and there are merely 18 seconds to go! Why did not he just grad the ball tightly??? Also G3'S mistake in that he missed a open layup when we are leading.
    Coach's inflexbility. The coach needs to focus on defense!!!! remember a team which does not play defense can never go far in playoff.

Last: DH is Houston Rocket's treasure. We need to get good PGs to assit him. He has already spent a depressed season in LA and came to Houston in hope of gaining his career success. What it happened till now is that DH get out of the swamp of LA but only to be trapped in the mire of Houston. He must be very disappointed i guess.

He is now getting older. Do something to help him at least win a championship.

17. JackLordsHair

JackLordsHair Member

A- from me, doing a lot of the little things, but his FT% still sucks and despite all the boneheaded Lin and Harden plays, the disappearing Parson's trick, Bev not exactly being clutch on D, his missed FT's in game 1 and this game are the difference in going into OT and giving the Blazers life. Also, think his defensive rotations off of LMA have hurt us several times in all the games. Otherwise he has been an Alpha dog no doubt !!! Too bad Superstar James Harden has not stepped up and played to his billing.

18. JazzLakerHater

I love Dwight and he's been great this season and in the playoffs. I just wish he would stop complaining to the refs all the damn time . It seems like after every single possession he's crying to the ref about something. Granted NBA refs are terrible and they don't no know how to officiate big men, but I wish he would just play through it.

19. jackycool

jackycool Member

He's been very good; really one of the only good, consistent things about the team in this series.

20. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I love harden and Howard! In this series Howard has been fantastic, and harden has choked!