1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard on Inside the NBA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, May 10, 2016.

1. BackdoorHarden

Just like tonight when he said "I never thought about opting out."

LOL. Chuck and Kenny told him to just be himself, meanwhile, Dwight continue to lie and take shots at Harden and his teammates for not giving him the ball.

2. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

He didn't say that. He said they needed to have chemistry to get to the next level and they can't do it without one another. He's right.

It appears that Dwight not being here next season is not a done deal. We may just end up retaining him while adding a player like Conley. Dump Brewer somehow and we'll have more cap space. Perhaps Ariza too..

3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

4. BackdoorHarden

Dwight has confirmed he's not opting out.

In Dwight's twisted mind, "I never thought about opting out. I'm already started working out to be the best player ever."

UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

5. I am a Donut

I am a Donut Contributing Member

Dwight is in a codependent relationship with the universe. All the hallmarks are there.

6. GradyMcTracy

GradyMcTracy Member

Amazing interview! Did Dwight really say him and harden need to keep egos in check? AND he said something along the lines of he wishes he had PG skills so he could ball hog? Wow...

Lockeroom cancer sounds like both of them after hearing that.

1st post, long time lurker.

7. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Exactly, that's exactly it. Everyone knew he was lying but he was saying it like it was the honest to god truth. Dwight was the cancer you hear him on live television basically admitting it. He said he quit playing. Why? Because he wasn't getting post ups he had no business getting in the first place. If mentioned Eric Kanter, if Dwight had the offensive abillities like Kanter I would be like get that man the ball. Then again Kanter doesn't insist on always posting up he is an eager pick and roll player too.

8. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Its imperative that I ask this. How do you have your head so far up Harden's buthole and remain this ignorant when it comes to Dwight?

Best playoff performer last year.

1 person likes this.
  9. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

He said he gave up because he wasn't getting the ball, he admitted that.

10. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

If this dude doesn't opt out, I'm not watching a single Rockets game next year. It's wouldn't even be worth my attention.

11. Remix

Remix Member

Oh ****ing ****. Please don't opt in Dwight

12. Ekiu

Ekiu Member

Dwight had an epiphany... The intervention worked.
    Morey promised Kenny the job if he could talk Dwight into leaving.

1 person likes this.
  13. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

This is a classic deflect and what I said has nothing to do with Harden, it's the entire team. Listen to what Dwight said. He compared himself to offensive big men. He wants the offense to go through him first. He also said prior to this that people have their own agendas because he's not getting the ball. HE DID THE SAME THINGS IN LA. The problem they had with Dwight in La is that Dwight refused to set picks and pouted and refused to play until he got more touches in the post. He wants to prove he's can play like an Olajuwon.

14. Rocket PR

Rocket PR Member

If he doesn't opt out we have an asset for our next trade np ppl

15. RESINator

RESINator Member

Dwight taking shots at maury

16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Wouldn't mind him opting in at all, I don't think we will be looking too strong in free agency this year, if we strike out on the big name free agents we will be taking a step backwards.

I'm fine with Howard opting in, Dumping Brewer, hiring a new coaching staff, and having Morey work with 20-30 mill of cap space. Still doubtful he even opts in though. I think Howard was being conservative, he doesn't want to start up another #Dwightmare, he just wants to be low key with his FA.

17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Gabrielle Union
    ‏@itsgabrielleu

I'm not gonna put you on the spot, but I'm gonna put you on the spot... pls Jesus make it stop
    8:04 PM - 10 May 2016

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

J.A. Adande
    ‏@jadande

This version of Dwight Howard is pretty much who he's been since he got to Houston. He's said all the right things
    8:07 PM - 10 May 2016

19. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

He's not entirely correct, but he's not wrong either.

Did you not see the problem with our offense collapsing in crucial moments? We have a bunch of guys chucking 3s with no hope of hitting the backside of the barn. Meanwhile, we engage in little to no ball movement involving our big guy down low (especially).

And please don't post cumulative offensive stats from this year. We have a bunch of idiots on this site that don't understand that stats aren't meant to be strung together and applied in a vacuum with little contextual awareness. The front office fed him the same bull**** they feed everybody about including him in the offense while they're too busy going 5/30 from 3 and giving him 5 shot attempts a game. If you're a HOF player like he is and coming off an injury the last thing you need is your team and your organization turning your back on you. There is a reason NOBODY says anything good about this joke of a front office when they leave. Is Dwight a great post player? No, that much is obvious. Is he useless to the point where we'd rather have a dribble dribble Harden iso fadeaway 3 and relegate him to 5 shots a game (a number of times)? . No.

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member