1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard looking at a 6 to 8 week time frame (UPDATED w/ Video)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 8, 2015.

1. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

No we really don't know what is going on. We do know he has had PRP and a bone marrow aspirate injection over the course of a few months. What would that usually tell you?

#101 robbie380, Feb 9, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
  2. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

T-mac was told repeatedly that he didn't need microfracture. He actively went doctor hunting to find the one surgeon in the country willing to give it to him against the better standard of care. This all came when the pressure surrounding him to win was at its peak, with Yao and Artest both performing well and the team loaded with depth on a sure-fire path towards a Western Conference Finals berth at the very least. It takes a special kind of coward to bow out like that.

1 person likes this.
  3. okeezie

okeezie Member

That he hasn't had knee surgery yet. That his knee has never been operated on and he has had minor procedures so far because surgery has not been needed. I can name so many NBA players with worse knees then Dwight Howard it's ridiculous. Let's start with anybody that has ever had a meniscus tear, ACL tear, or any other surgery. Dwight has all of his meniscus and his native ACL. Derrick Rose, Russell Westbrook, and Dwayne Wade for starters. Rajon Rondo, Danilo Galinari, Iman Schumpert, Nate Robinson, Ricky Rubio, Jabari Parker, Carmelo Anthony. Carmelo needs knee surgery right now and is still playing. He and his doctors have come out and said that. When he shuts it down he is going straight to surgery. Nerlens Noel, Patrick Beverley, Jeremy Lin, Blake Griffin, Shawn Livingston. All of these guys have had structural damage for which they had surgery for. Once again Dwight has never had anything torn or broken in his knee, has never had a traumatic knee injury, and has never had knee surgery. Will he need it in the future? Maybe. But as we sit here now there is nothing to operate on. If you want to worry about Dwight cross your fingers his back holds up. That's the only concern long term because he had back surgery.

4. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

So Howard's knee isn't bone on bone at all

5. okeezie

okeezie Member

Not even close

6. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Like I said, to me Dwight is more of a question mark at the point than a certainty. He's been in and out of the lineup all year and his play has regressed throughout the year. So now fans are suppose to just relax and have the assurance that he will come back good as new and not miss a beat? Like I said, I'm just being a realist at this point when it comes to Dwight. Like I already said also, I would love for Dwight to come back and be able to help this team and be a consistent, positive difference maker unlike he was in his most recent stint after coming back. I just think its naive to not be concerned about Dwight's future moving forward with the Rox. Okeezie can throw around medical lingo all he/she wants, the fact remains that Dwight has been in and out of lineup getting experimental treatments throughout the year trying to get his knee right. I'm sorry if I or some of the fan base don't get all warm and fuzzy and not feel concern for Dwight's ability to consistently help this team moving forward.

7. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I understand that he hasn't had knee surgery. I was asking about the prp and bone marrow aspirate injection. I believe that he has had that worthless synvisc injected in his knee too.

8. okeezie

okeezie Member

That's your right. At the end result of the day it doesn't matter. Nobody is telling you to be warm and fuzzy. I'm just telling you to not be Debbie Downer on something you have no clue about. That's like me being negative about the oil and gas industry for which I have no knowledge. If an athlete getting injured really eats away at you then maybe you need to give up sports.

9. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Lol....smh...:rolleyes:

10. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

From Zach Lowe in his 10 things I like and don't like

5. Houston’s Perimeter Scrambling

Houston holding strong on defense without Dwight Howard has been one of this season’s major story lines. Sometimes there is no magic formula to explain this kind of thing. Houston is just working smarter and harder, especially on the perimeter, where the starting trio of Patrick Beverley, Trevor Ariza, and a James Harden Who Actually Tries is leagues better than last year’s version of Beverley, Chandler Parsons, and Drooling Statue James Harden.

These guys are flying around in sync, hitting their marks, closing out like madmen, and nailing every rotation. Houston was doubling Aldridge in the post Sunday, and Portland couldn’t get anything out of it, even when Aldridge made the exact right pass. The Rockets got to every potential shooter in time. It has been great to watch.

11. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

So why last night were the reporters saying dwight may be out for the season if its only 6-8 weeks? That scared me a little.

12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Regular season