1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard likes Guns, Snakes and Candy

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rocketsjudoka, Apr 22, 2015.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

Figured this might be more fitting here than in GARM.

Not sure how much of a factor this was in coming here but his love of guns is more fitting in Texas than California.

http://larrybrownsports.com/basketball/dwight-howard-owns-50-guns-20-snakes/260301

Dwight Howard was made for Texas. Regardless of how he has fit in with the Houston Rockets, the stuff Howard does in his free time is so Texas it hurts.

Like what? Like feeding his den of snakes and firing his massive collection of guns.

In a recent chat with Jared Zwerling of Bleacher Report, Howard revealed that he envisions finishing his NBA career in Houston. He has taken a liking to the local food, music and culture. And then there are his other hobbies.

Then there are Howard’s more exuberant activities, like riding around his neighborhood with his friends in his Can-Am Spyder three-wheeled bikes. He also likes going to the gun range—”It’s what you do in Texas,” he says—and he has about 10 different kinds in his collection encompassing more than 50 total, including shotguns, semiautomatics and handguns, such as one of his favorites, a gold-looking Desert Eagle pistol. He also collects, just for show, miniguns and bazookas.

But there’s no better way to describe Howard’s eccentricity and connection to Texas than through his pet snakes at home. All 20 of them. I tell him at dinner, not expecting a serious response, “I’ve got to see them before I leave Houston.”

Howard also likes candy — lots of candy. He told Zwerling he has a massive chest filled with candy in his home and used to eat about three bags of Skittles per game, but he gave it up because he and his Rockets teammates have agreed to make “sacrifices.”

We all know there’s no chance he loves Skittles as much as this guy, but I’d be willing to bet Howard is the snake king of the NBA. There’s just no way any other player has more than 20 snakes at home.

2. HeWhoIsLunchbox

Isn't this just an excerpt from a BleacherReport article that got posted in the GARM 3 times?

3. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

My bad if posted already. Please lock.