1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard >>> Kevin Love

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by deshen, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Geez, y'all are hard on Love. It's not like he had any help last night. He isn't the guy to carry a title as the number 1 option, but he's still really good.

Can you imagine him being on this team playing the Chris Bosh role of 3rd scorer? As Claudette would say, MY GOD!

As for whether he's better than Dwight, I would say that he's not but that it's closer than last night would have you believe.

2. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Dwight is again becoming one of the few impact players in the NBA. The one that changes how the other team schemes their offense and defense. An opponents biggest concern heading into a game with the Rockets? To double or not double Howard on the defensive end. Last season the NBA schemed against Harden. This year they are not because of Howard's presence. As Harden has become more comfortable with Howard's presence he has begun applying himself on the defensive end. Unlike last year this Rockets team has the talent to make a run at the chip. Huge difference.

3. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

man the more and more i watch kevin love the more i see a stat padder

not sure if want

4. intergalactic

intergalactic Contributing Member

Kevin Love is all-NBA, in fantasy basketball.

I was skeptical he could do it, but Howard looks healthy again and is dominating games the way he did when he took ORL to the finals.

5. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

Love is better than TJ now, but if you consider the salary, age, injury, growth/potential, defense... I like TJ much better.

6. finsraider

finsraider Member

We're extrapolating way too much from one game.

Here was Minny's starting lineup:

Rubio
    Brewer
    Budinger

7. finsraider

finsraider Member

oops....submitted too soon.

Rubio
    Brewer
    Budinger
    Love
    Turiaf

That would be one of the worst lineups in either conference, with or without Love.

8. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Except that Love averages 18 shots a game and shoots 45%. He also shoots a higher percentage on 3s than any qualified Rocket except for Parsons and Brooks.

9. finsraider

finsraider Member

Not to mention that his shot selection and accuracy would probably get bumps from playing with Harden and Howard.

10. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Dude is in a crappy team and he is not a winner. Bwhahaha jokers be killing me with that nonsense.

And everybody knows that Love is not better than Howard.

11. langal

langal Contributing Member

Love is playing for Minnesota. So playing for a ring is impossible.

12. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Dwight and Asik's defensive presence alone makes this post look insane, let alone when you take into account how well Terrence Jones fits into the mix. A motivated Asik will ALWAYS be an offensive liability, whereas Jones gives you a scoring punch from the 4 spot with both Howard and Asik.

13. langal

langal Contributing Member

You know the truth is we would all love it if he came here.

14. I'm Tom Brady

I'm Tom Brady Member

People **** on Harden for his lack of D and continue to tongue the bung of Love? Don't get it.

15. quatin

quatin Member

Not sure how you can compare the two, they're different type of players. Love is a floor spacing 4. Howard is a true 5. You can build a team around either one of them, but you need types of different role players on each team.