1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard >>> Kevin Love

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by deshen, Feb 10, 2014.

1. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I've never seen a guy put up those kind of stats and not affect the game

2. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Kevin Martin comes close.

3. YallMean

YallMean Member

Without doubt!

4. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

Kevin Love would be amazing on this team tho.

5. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

Give me THIS dwight (70% FT) over Love any day...

FT success really elevates Dwight's energy to a whole new level.

I am truly happy for him. I hope he keeps it up.

6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I've used that joke before and you just stole. Nice job Carlos Mencia.

7. coffeelover665

Kevin Love is the only guy that I see can make Terrence Jone have zero rebounds.

8. BruceWayne

BruceWayne Member

***** Asik, that little b**** doesn't get a say. D12 for the win.

1 person likes this.
  9. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

I dis agree, if he can't even take a team that consists of Rubio, jj barea, martin, pec, Mbah a Moute, coached by adelman to the playoffs doubt he will flourish on a contending team... on a contending team you need to play more defense while increasing your offensive efficiency, so far I haven't seen Love do that...

Minnesota is considered on of the more stacked teams in this league... they should at least be fighting for the 8th spot... a depleted Denver is even higher that them...

10. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

Love's whack.

11. noone

noone Rookie

Kevin Love scores a lot of points and gets a lot of rebounds when the timberwolves are behind and the refs are trying to keep the game close.

12. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

You guys are being too tough on love (lol).

With the right team, this guy would help a contender get over the hump and win a chip. Love's situation is similar to Paul Gasol when he was at Memphis. Gasol was instrumental in helping the Lakers in their two year championship run.

13. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Gasol got to the playoffs with Battier as the second best player on the team.

14. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Love is just a glorified stat stuffer whose one of the worst interior defenders in the NBA. I never understand the love for Love on ClutchFans.

15. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Stats are not everything, some things a player does will not show up on a stat line. You put Dwight on that Minnesota team and they are an 8th seed easy. Dwight is better than Love, but that being said I would love to have Love next to Dwight.

16. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I don't want Hume nest to Dwight at max dollar contract. Our team would be better served signing parsons and building the rest of the team around harden/Howard/parsons. Tjones is slowly becoming a Keeper but the rest of the team IMO is expendable.

17. vladyx92

vladyx92 Member

Love doesn't get any respect from me for his stat-padding ways, along with his Bargnani-esque defense.

Moreover, he seems to get all the foul calls the Grizzlies did not get against Atlanta a few days ago.

Is he a good player? Definitely, if we are to believe his stats. However, due to his inability to make the Wolves a fringe 8th seed, I conclude that his numbers are inflated across the board. Would rather develop TJ and DMo instead of locking up another max cap hold in 2015...I don't understand how Kevin Love is that high on the MVP rankings...dude doesn't deserve any of that. Griffin, Nowitzki, and Aldridge (in that particular order) are more deserving of the PF spot in the All-Star game imo.

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

This comment isn't about Love vs Howard - it's about y'all jabronis being so down on Love. He's an elite PF with flaws. Barkley didn't play defense either.

19. photojoe

photojoe Member

I love Kevin Love. His offense and his shooting and his rebounding are all top notch. He is able to score in a lot of different ways, and in most cases, ways that 'look' prettier and more effective than Dwight's clumsy looking hook shots.

But Dwight is shooting around 58% on his field goals. And he is able to effect the game in so many different ways.

Kevin Love is young and I think will be a good player for a long time, but right now, give me Dwight any day.

20. photojoe

photojoe Member

For this season, I would put Aldridge over either Griffin or Nowitzki. Or Duncan. Or Bosh. Or Love. Or any other PF playing.