1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard is the MVP...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RESINator, Apr 21, 2015.

1. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Well, to be fair, slam dunking all the time probably isn't that fun.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

Showing all the doubters he's still able to be healthy and that difference maker

3. Ubigman

Ubigman Member

like shut the **** up really

4. jbasket

jbasket Member

Playoff Dwight is, and always will be, severely underrated. Every year.

I wrote a huge thread about it earlier; he will always show up. He was the best player on the court again, and he will most likely be the best every time he walks in. Never doubt him. He will be there. Guaranteed. Beast.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

This shouldn't have to be even explained to anyone that really follows Dwight throughout his career. He knows what to do in the playoffs and understand he needs to take it up another level

6. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Keep living in denial that Harden is a negative for this team in the playoffs

he needs to see a sports psychiatrist to something because whatever he's doing it ain't working

7. RESINator

RESINator Member

I think it was warranted this season though. There were a lot of doubts/worries when he was injured and missed such a significant amount of time.

8. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Last year Dwight was the best player in the Portland series. Lillard's shot (and POR) win is the only reason he didn't get recognized for it. Hopefully this year the Rockets will close it out and he'll get the recognition he deserves.

I still don't like the calls he gets against him.

9. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

McHale is the real MVP. He has been great at rallying the guys.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

Yes. He was injured. So It would make sense he wouldn't be as productive. Regardless there shouldn't be any doubts he's still able to be that difference maker and he is getting healthy

11. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

You're an idiot. Plain and simple.

12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I absolutely agree with this.
    Dwight Howard is playing great again in the playoffs like he did last year.
    He causes so much trouble for the other team in the paint.

I'm sure dream is happy about it

13. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Harden is still the MVP but I think most felt this team had no chance to do anything in the playoffs in the tough West without Howard. I also love the chemistry between he and Smith. Howard is starting to embrace the PnR. Howard can be absolutely dominant in the PnR.

14. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

im not writing harden off yet but yeah he has been the playoff mvp since last playoffs. still waiting on harden. superstars evevate their game in the playoffs. tmac did it better than yao. now dwight is doing it better than harden. but still i thin last year was a fluke, harden will show up in dallas. he's been running on fumes the pst month or so since he has to carry the team all season long with all the injuries.

15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Harden has it going.

He's gone 28 for 30 from the free throw line, he's got 17 assist with only 6 turnovers (3:1 ratio), 7 boards and 48 points in his first two games.

The only thing he doesn't "have going" is his FG%, and the reason that's so ****ty is because of 2 things, he was shooting at the very end of shot clocks trying to milk time, and there was a couple of times where he was fouled and it just wasn't called.

If it wasn't for those 2 i'm guessing he'd be close to averaging around 40% from the field.

But anyways, non of that really matters because in reality, he's only taken 28 shots while putting up 48 points, still very, very efficient.

16. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Yeah. We're all overreacting, myself included. Remember last season when he was missing shots he wouldn't stop jacking it up. In one game he shots like 35 shots for 37 points. This year he's a lot more passive, for better or worse, at least Harden hasn't shot us out of a game. And our role players have been stepping up.

17. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

When Howard is at his best, we are nearly unbeatable.
    I believe that James will give a better performance in Game 3.

We have a great chance of winning this series.

Go Houston Rockets!

18. solid

solid Contributing Member

Different kind of players. Howard is a great power dunker. Yao was a great shooter. Both could protect the rim. Howard is more agile, but Yao took up a lot of space, filled the lane. Howard is the better leaper, but Yao was very strong and relatively agile for his size. Both are great players.

19. JesusAllen

JesusAllen Member

james has played good though.. having a bad shooting night does not mean a bad game for Harden , he isnt Kyle Korver. Dallas is lucky his shots arent falling

20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

His improved defense and playmaking make his shooting much more tolerable, but he needs to get it going. We can beat the Mavs without him lighting it up, but the Clippers/Spurs/Warriors? Gotta have big Harden games.