1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard is really good thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by meh, Dec 12, 2013.

1. meh

meh Contributing Member

I can really see how Howard can be such a frustrating player for fans to watch. His post game has still been pretty bad, and his FTs up and down. But overall, he has truly been a star. Almost superstar IMO. And kind of going a little under the radar locally and nationally because he's simply been solid. Very workman-like season so far.

Props to Dwight Howard for the season he's having.

2. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

I agree. I think as a whole, for all the attention we got in the offseason, the rockets are flying under the radar. And that's fine with me, keep disrespecting us.

3. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

I bet he is leading the league in invisible blocks again

4. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

He's been solid. Obviously you'd like a little more from him offensively. I'll take it though

5. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

I agree. The thing is, and I felt this way even when he was in Orlando, whether he scores or not, he always has to have someone keep an eye on him. That is offensively, or defensively. His post game is below average, yet still demands a double team on most nights. It is such an interesting thing.

6. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

7. JD88

JD88 Member

Ill take 17 and 13 any day.

Thanks.

8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

The fact that the national media is numb-fully silent on Dwight means he's probably having a killer season. More than likely every columnist in the media had about 10 different Dwight's over-with columns queued up ready to hit send at the beginning of the season, and the fact that he's played so well probably has them scrambling for things to write about.

9. sleepyazn

sleepyazn Member

What? Dwight is doing terrible IMO. 90% of his possessions are coming from post ups in which he turns the ball over nearly 25% of the time while shooting a low percentage. His ppg and fg% are lower then last year. Rockets are actually doing better defensively when they sit his butt down.

10. meh

meh Contributing Member

This is the thing. I randomly realized how there has not been any Dwight Howard stuff since early in the season. It's pretty amazing how no one's saying anything about him now.

11. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

You lost me at this part.

12. sleepyazn

sleepyazn Member

I don't like it but stats have shown that rockets are doing better defensively when Dwight is sitting. I don't really know why but stats are stats.

13. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

In all likelihood there's just nothing left to say. Dwight's Lakers saga is over, and even if he's not completely back to form, the Rockets are doing well in general. Plus, if given the choice, most media are gonna talk about Lin instead.

14. Bill Worrell

Bill Worrell Member

Damn you Rodman and your incredible gifs must... REP!

15. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Somebody should tweet this to him!

He instagram one of Rodman's gifs already btw!

16. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

True, but cite your sources.

Bottom line is that Asik is a defensive impact player on the level of Dwight, and arguably above. We knew this last year already. It shouldn't be a shocker now. But Dwight brings a lot of attention on offense that no one on the bench does, and that allows smooth running of the offense against the other team's best lineups. He has indeed been great.

17. greatpacha1

greatpacha1 Member

yes, i agree, solid...but honestly, we need to see a more dominant offensive presence..especially against teams that dont have a capable center.

18. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I saw that on instagram.

Probably where this late guy found it:

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=248058

Anyway, in before the Dwight bashing/hate begins!

19. Penetrate&Creat

As much as I cringe when I see him post up, he's been huge on the defensive end.

But pls Dwight just go back to the pick and roll:(

20. meh

meh Contributing Member

This can be quite difficult to tell at this point in the season. If Asik had played the entire time, then it would be an easy answer. Because he's just as good as Dwight on defense, but get to play against backups. But Asik hasn't played the entire season as the backup C. Just some of the time. So it's hard to determine.

But as advertised, even better offense. And much better record. :)