1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard has changed

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HRox832, Jan 22, 2015.

1. HRox832

HRox832 Member

Yeah I know, I know. "He's not 100%", "His knee isn't feeling good"...

Listen, first and foremost I'm a huge Rockets fans so don't give me none of that "You're a fake fan" bullcrap. Dwight sucks now, and don't bring up the "He's not healthy" card. He's not, but he was still showing that he had athleticism. Remember when Smith lobbed it up, and Dwight soared up? Yeah... he's still athletic. I just don't know why he's playing like garbage. He's not the same defensively either. Looks slow and it looks like he doesn't even care.

EVERY SINGLE TIME we go to him in the post, I have to sigh and smh. He either gets stripped, blocked, fouled (which isn't really good in his case). Feels like it happens 99% of the time. We have got to started doing pick and rolls with him! Post-up is NOT working. I've had enough with Dwight. He's a good dude, but a terrible basketball player and totally frustrating to watch.

1 person likes this.
  2. RedSnipe

RedSnipe Member

McHale should just bench him if its not medical. There's no excuse for lack of effort.

3. bmd

bmd Member

Dwight can jump for alley-oops. I think his knee hurts when he plants and changes direction.

So moving on defense is tough. Making quick moves in the post is tough. Boxing out is tough.

Pretty much everything is bothersome except for jumping off of both feet.

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Then he should sit.

5. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Dwight has also been missing alley opps he would have caught last year too.

At this point you gotta Hope his knee heals by the playoffs

6. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Dwight might be secretly desiring to be a woman. He's doing the hormone therapy. Though his breasts have yet to form, he's playing like a woman in the NBA right now.

7. Zergling

Zergling Member

Dwight showed bursts of athleticism. Imagine if he could devote his energy specifically to defense and rebounding, and we focus the offense more on D-Mo in the post? We'd be a way better team and Dwight wouldn't look nearly as bad

8. dwhite

dwhite Member

It isn't Dwight's knee....it is his mental side of the game. Worst basketball IQ in the NBA. Kinda reminds me of Andrew Bynum.

9. Exiled

Exiled Member

It's simple...really ...He uses most of his energy dancing before the game,.l

10. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

His knee is hurt.

11. HRox832

HRox832 Member

I notice that we almost always go to "Post Dwight" when our games start. Instead we should be doing "Post D-Mo". Since Morey is so smart with all his data, why the hell doesn't he tell McHale to stop going to Dwight for the post?!?! Pisses me off!! Dwight needs to stick to playing defense, grabbing rebounds, and scoring on pick & rolls, and lobs! That's it! We'd be much better if those things were happening.

12. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

...Bone on Bone

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

What are his numbers since his buddy Josh Smith joined the team?

DD

14. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

99 % of the WNBA are tougher than Dwight I bet. I hate that he is on our team at this point.

15. HRox832

HRox832 Member

16/11/1 on 57%

16. JackLordsHair

JackLordsHair Member

The only bon on bone Dwight has is the one firmly planted up his ass. he looked fine in that Saturday night ass-whipping when he was getting all the touches and scoring, and no one else showed up, but tonight he just looked lazy, half-assed, and stupid in terms of his decision making and his over all effort and play were horrendous.

If this is alL about his knee (which i am just not buying at all) then the Rockets are patently idiotic as an organization because he should be sitting and getting treatment and or getting whatever is wrong with it fixed, but strangely enough there have been no moves to shut him down, no hush hush discussion leaking about it, and no direct statements from the Rockets, and I think that is because there nothing major wrong with his knee and it's either all in his head at this point or he is mailing it in now... I am sick of watching him half ass play defense in practically every game, and constantly turn the ball over in the post with his clumsy ball handling and dribbling.

I honestly would be vey interested to see how this team would respond if McHale were to sit his ass, but of course that won't happen, not to the 20 million dollar man.... so we are going to have to suffer watching him feast on front lines that are weak, and get abused against real front lines, like GSW, OKC, Memphis, Clips, Bulls, and now Atlanta, and I would throw washington in there as well.

The whole thing is he has lost a ton athletically and it ain't coming back...As far as I am concerned the experiment of him and Harden has failed thus far, and i don;t see it changing much between now and when Dwert can opt out.'

17. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

I was going to start a kneejerk thread tonight... or wait a couple days and claim it wasn't a kneejerk ;) Anyway, I'll just make my point since it probably fits here. I don't want to bash Howard's play specifically, but point out how I think the Rockets need to handle the situation with Howard.

If he is truly injured, which he seems to be, they are better off letting him recuperate. Tonight was a worst-case scenario of what can happen otherwise. This demoralizing loss could have a serious impact on the team's future confidence. Even if we lost, a moral victory would have gone a long way tonight, and it felt like Howard not only contributed to the loss, but heavily contributed to the moral loss. Maybe he's depressed about his health? There are many potential reasons and circumstances, but they don't change the result.

Regarding the team's terrible play lately, the eye test and the stats both say we shouldn't isolate Howard on offense. I assume the only reason we are doing it is because they are pacifying Howard's desire to change his game. At this point, the experiment should end. If the Rockets just stop trying to pacify him, I think the likely results are:

1 - Howard is forced to play to his strengths, the team's play improves and he is UNHAPPY. As a result, he complains and/or leaves. If the Rockets play better with Howard out of the game than with Howard posting up, I don't understand how his departure isn't a positive.

2 - Howard is forced to play to his strengths, the team's play improves and he is HAPPY. As a result, he stays. Everyone wins.

The only conclusion I can come to is to stop the BS, and see what happens.

18. jman7373

jman7373 Member

I wonder why Dwight can't just accept that he sucks at post ups and just stop doing them.

19. Himdemm

Himdemm Member

Can't say he sucks but definitely not worth the money he gets. Maybe half that? Maybe? Me personally, I kind of gave him a pass until the postseason given how dominant he played last yr but that pass may be getting revoked soon. And I don't mean king drew soon

20. newAge_Rockets

Need more minutes for Joey Dorsey. At least it looks like he gives a damn out there. I bet we had more offensive rebounds with Joey on the floor than Dwight.