1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard gives an update on his knee issue

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 29, 2014.

1. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

harden had some niggles, but he did this year as well, beverley was the first injury, around christmas sometime and he's really the only guy that missed significant time until the very end of the season

2. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

fixed

3. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Rather than dial back the intensity , McHale needs to rein in his minutes .... That intensity and energy is what makes PatBev an NBA player.
    Canaan should get some of those minutes (when he returns) , I think they could use another point guard too , be that player ahead of or behind PatBev. Two point guards just isn't enough .... even if Harden is the defacto point.

Sure would be nice to land Dragic and a capable big that can play both C and PF .... who isn't worthless on the offensive end.

4. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

Dwigt's not hiding from the media if he's showing up to the games giggling on the sideline

5. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

Hopefully he'll be back next game..

we really need a backup center..

missing u asik

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

7. basketballholic

Long enough to trade him and he pass a physical for his new team. ;)

Oh, nevermind. I'm thinking of Terrence.

8. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

THIS......

9. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Feigen said he saw Dwight limping after the Memphis game, but Dwight brushed it off, when he asked if he was hurt.

So if he's lying, he planned it well..

He's only been pain free two days, two workouts...My guess is he's going to need until the end of the week to test it, rest, test, etc, enough.

10. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I'd trade Howard for ....Marc Gasol or Lamarcus Aldridge ... in a hurry (with an extension in hand).

11. vlaurelio

He never said all pain is gone now.

He simply said pain is gone on 1 single move. There are other moves he's still going to test like sprinting etc...:

Howard said he especially worked on his one-legged jumping, with left-handed jump hooks in particular testing his right knee.

“I tried to really work on that today,” he said. “We kind of got that down today. The next step is sprinting, getting up and down the floor. We don’t play the game on one end so I got to be able to do that. There wasn’t any pain (on the jump hooks.)

12. Ghost_of_Akeem

Well, if he doesn't play tonight we will get clobbered and lose a step in a highly competitive western conference. One regular season game could decide whether you are a 6th seed or a 4th seed.

I hope Dwight understands this.

13. dockerland

dockerland Contributing Member

One regular season game will not make a difference at this stage, but playing when you are not 100% and aggravating and injury which has not fully healed and missing 10+ games will hurt.

14. Ghost_of_Akeem

It's his toughness that is in question here, not his health. If the Doc has him cleared to play then he should play. No excuses.

Even if we give him 50 games off he will never feel healthy like he did in his early years. This is something that Dwight has to deal with, the psychological effects. If he can't adapt or feel comfortable now then he never will.

Houston is not a country club for scrub has beens/ injured athletes. You make millions you need to show the fans that you care, even if our fans only show up in the 2nd half of games.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yeah but on the TV interview with Bill, Howard said he only felt pain when jumping off one leg, so now that it is gone, is he good to go?

DD

16. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

I'm just wonder, with that "child abuse" case open. Can Dwight play? I was feeling that was the reason he was still out, because he had almost two weeks to rest that knee.

17. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

So the Nuggets aren't going to implode and have a firesale on there players? Why say something is so imminent if it's not so? Get well Dwight...

18. vlaurelio

He sounded like it's better and pain is going away but the pain is not 100% gone yet.

“It’s basically the second day I was able to get out and do some sprints on the floor. Other than that, it’s just been on the treadmill and doing some court work. So, today was a lot better than the past couple of days. A lot of the stuff is going away. We have to keep doing what I’ve been doing. The trainer (Jason Biles) has been doing a great job trying to get rid of the pain that I’m having around my knee and we’ll go from there.

19. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

My guess is that this is the same situation as his injury last April. If he had to go(i.e. it had playoff implications), he would. In fact, that is what happened last season. He and Bev both came back sooner than the team probably would've liked after that Minnesota debacle(the 51-point Corey Brewer game) because home court advantage was slipping away.

But with it being early December, the team sitting at 13-4, and the guys that are playing having the ability to compete and even win against teams like Dallas, Sactown, and Milwaukee, why push it? It's not inconceivable that they go 2-1 sans Dwight this week with Minnesota and Phoenix on deck after tonight's likely drubbing by the Grizzlies.