1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard free agency meetings

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Swishh, Jun 29, 2013.

1. Swishh

Swishh Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Rockets will get first free agency crack at Dwight Howard with meeting Sunday in LA, shortly past 9 PM PST, league sources tell Y! Sports.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/statuses/351090835368067075">June 29, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Sources: Mavs, led by Mark Cuban and Dirk Nowitzki, will meet with Dwight Howard Tuesday in LA</p>&mdash; Chris Broussard (@Chris_Broussard) <a href="https://twitter.com/Chris_Broussard/statuses/351100526018043904">June 29, 2013</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Golden State contingent including owner Joe Lacob, GM Bob Myers and Mark Jackson will meet w/ Dwight Howard in LA next week, sources tell Y!</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/statuses/351114786488057858">June 29, 2013</a></blockquote>

2. jvu

jvu Member

We're going to set the bar and the other teams would not be even close to match what we've got to offer

3. SexyButIgnorant

Does Golden State even have the cap space?? Honestly if I'm dh12, I'd choose golden state. Steph Curry + Klay Thompson + Harrison Barnes + Daid Lee is like the perfect team for a guy like d12. Surrounded by shooters, a great poor guard in curry and a good big man at his side.

4. The Stig

The Stig Member

You have to admire the efforts being put in by the Rockets organisation. They are really putting all of their cards on the table for Howard and I seriously hope Howard sees this.

No one is topping 3 HOFs, GM, owner, and close friends.

5. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

McHale and Harden won't be there.

It's 2 HOFs, GM, Owner, CEO, and Close Friend.

6. jacoby

jacoby Member

Damn! I was hoping Golden State wouldn't reach out to Dwight. I think they can steal him from us.

7. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

They would have to do a sign and trade, probably centered around Klay Thompson or Harrison Barnes.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Schedule being set for Dwight Howard free agency visits in LA - Golden State, Atlanta expected Monday, Dallas, Lakers Tuesday.</p>&mdash; Sam Amick (@sam_amick) <a href="https://twitter.com/sam_amick/statuses/351120462887137281">June 29, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Timing of Houston visit with Dwight Howard unclear on my end, though ESPN has indicated Monday.</p>&mdash; Sam Amick (@sam_amick) <a href="https://twitter.com/sam_amick/statuses/351120522051985409">June 29, 2013</a></blockquote>

9. The Stig

The Stig Member

Haha thanks for the heads up! Those reports were changing left and right, glad I got that sorted out.

Either way, GS/Dallas/Atl isn't topping that.

10. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Nope. I could be wrong though. Lots of conflicting reports on it.

11. Swishh

Swishh Member

This. Warriors seem like the biggest threat. It will feel similar to Orlando for Dwight.

And i think you meant point guard, not poor guard, lol.

12. betterhomesbytj

I heard Harden and Mchale WERE going to be there

13. The Stig

The Stig Member

EITHER WAY, none of the teams are topping that and that's all that matters!

14. DH12HOUSTON

DH12HOUSTON Member

Didnt Broussard say that GS was not goimg to get a meeting with Dwight?

15. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

Howard granted them a meeting

and we should have full lineup of people meeting Howard

from feigan

16. rocketblood713

man I hope rockets just convince him on the spot and has like verbal agreement with them that would be aweosome lol

17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I'm excited regardless what happens. This will be fun. Been waiting for months for the Dwight Howard sweepstakes. Hopefully Dwight chooses the the Rockets. We couldn't be a better fit for him.

18. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Ha, not happening. He's gonna give every team a fair shot.

19. Ben Frank

Ben Frank Member

Out of LA, Hou, Dal, and GS.. wouldn't he make the least money in GS?

I kno he was willing to take a pay cut, but I don't think he wants it's to be a huge one.. would really depend on endorsements I guess

20. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

How can GSW acquire Dwight? They couldn't simply S&T Barnes and Thompson. It'd have to be Bogut/Biedrens and Thompson or Barnes. LA won't take the contract of Bogut or Biedrens. It is down to Dallas or Houston to me. The only convincing argument Dallas has is that they can spend money next year. But a lot of other teams can spend money next year too. What makes them think they could acquire another star when they have the competition of the Lakers in free agency.