1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard Fined

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by #TheBeard, Nov 21, 2013.

1. #TheBeard

#TheBeard Member

Dwight Howard fined 25k for throwing ball in stands last night.

2. jacoby

jacoby Member

He didn't throw the ball, he flicked the ball at a fan who was harassing him.

Kick the fan out, give Dwight a tech, move on. 25k is a lot of money.

3. Fawkward

Fawkward Member

25k holy crap

4. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

What did the Fan get????

For every action, theirs a re-action....

T_Man

5. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

That's a lot for what he did. I would have thought 10K would do it.

Maxwell got 20K when he punched that fan. Players make a lot more money now, but still.

Is 25K now the minimum? Seems like that's what Barnes and others got too..

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The NBA sure can be a running joke...

7. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I was at the game last night. I was far enough away and the arena was loud enough that I could not hear anything verbal between Dwight and the fan. Having said that, I did see when Dwight tossed him the ball. He did not wined up and throw it, it looked like he just tossed it underhanded. Dwight did not make any sort of malicious move to the fan, he just tossed him the ball and moved on. I thought the tech at the time was a little harsh but I guess its the rules and the league is so hypersensitive about stuff like that since what happened between Indy and Detroit.

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

How rediculous. What has happened to the league? Next thing you know, they'll want players to simply not touch the ball. Where will we be then? Kind of hard to play basketball without balls, but that's what the league wants. Players without balls.

9. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Stupid decision by Howard.

It was obvious a fine was coming, and it hurt the team.

now, $25k is too much. But, now a days they make so much...so meh.

10. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

you have to believe that multiple fans in the dallas arena are going to try and goad visiting players into techs and fines even more now…..cuban might even make veiled tweets to his MFFL morons to encourage it……good job $tern

11. RedDragon01

RedDragon01 Member

Dwight and the Player's Association could contest it if it's really as you describe. I haven't watched the game yet (yay for nationally televised games not being live on League Pass...not), but it sounds like an unfair fine.

12. ComeBack

ComeBack Member

I like Dwight but it just shows you he gets bothered by his environment during the games (aka mentally weak but I wouldn't go there). Most players won't even give 2 s**ts about what another team's fan say and play on. If he get fazed by a fan hollering what happens when the game is on the line and he needs to make a FT. Could explain why he shoots FT well in practice but not game time.

13. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Eh? Lebron threw the ball into the stands late last year with nothing?

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

15. anthony1604

anthony1604 Member

isn't there a rule at arenas for fans not to heckle the players?!?!? at least thats what I head at the toyota center

16. anthony1604

anthony1604 Member

****in kenny powers wanna be

17. FaBo

FaBo Member

25K for THAT? I'm not saying that was particularly smart on Dwight's side, but this is just ridiculous.

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I swear, the expression on that fan's face is priceless. He's either having an orgasm "in the moment" of actually getting Dwight to react, or having a heart attack. Since they didn't carry him out on a stretcher, my guess is that he soiled his underwear.

19. #TheBeard

#TheBeard Member

The league takes this sh** seriously. They want no player interacting with the crowd whatsoever. This fine was expected and its a shame that Dwight can't just block that garbage out and just concentrate. He was ballin last night. Him and Harden really need to mature if this time is gonna take the next step.

20. SugarLandDream8

25K for DH is like $25 for the rest of us.

He makes 20 million a year in salary and another 20 million in endorsement money. Most American families make 60,000/yr. Actually it's even less so no big deal.

DH should not have thrown the ball at a fan who hackled him. So what. People in NY chant fire Mike Woodson and call Stat a bum does it mean they can throw a ball at fans there?

Ron Artest got into trouble for fighting fans who threw beer at him and called him all kinds of names. His career almost ended because of it so DH got off easy.