1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard doesn't get the ball much...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OldfanofTmac, Nov 2, 2013.

1. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

he has no post-up moves whatsoever. it kills me to see him dribble the ball like a 5 year old and then lose it, or he backs up in to no man's land and gets stuffed. he's only good when others drive in and dump it off to him or high pick & rolls

2. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

Dwight sucks in the post, that's nothing new. But, there has been few times he was wide open and the wings either completely missed him or ignored him. This needs to get better. Feed the big dog, and he will do a better job guarding the yard.

3. munco

munco Member

Dwight has actually regressed over the years. Still one of the best centers in the league but he's lost a step and sadly for us, is no longer in his prime.

4. dragician

dragician Member

He doesn't need to cuz he has a couple of big ones and he can't control it. A terrible post up player.

5. CRJames14

CRJames14 Member

I've played and watched basketball my whole life and I've never seen a group of guards so inept at getting their big man the ball in scoring position. I've watched every game this season and I'm amazed at how many times we look Dwight off when he's has prime post position. BUT then I looked at our roster and thought of my own observations... the only player on our team that has experience with a big man in the post is Aaron Brooks and he has used Dwight the best from the 6 games so far.

Bottom line is we are a work in progress and Dwight will get his touches. He's getting great position but our guards aren't used to having such a threat down low. Anyone who says Dwight doesn't have post moves has never played basketball before. His post game is great. It's the locations he's getting the ball.

We have played 6 of 72 games. The 22 game streak had a much worse roster than this, but it took them time to gel. Everyone needs to relax and enjoy basketball being back. The team will figure it out. We have the best Center in the league in years. It will take time adjusting to that. I'm not worried at all.

6. CRJames14

CRJames14 Member

Above should say 6 of 82 games...