1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard Aware That Houston Has Become More Attractive

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JoeBarelyCares, Feb 6, 2013.

?

Do you want Dwight Howard in free agency?

1. Yes, a Ho is hand is better than two in the bush

417 vote(s)
    52.7%
  2. Nah, lets get Lebron next year

374 vote(s)
    47.3%
  1. tofu--

tofu-- Member

I can't believe any single one of you want this guy after the Orlando nightmare and how he's acted in LA. I really really don't. He could come for free and I still wouldn't leap at the opportunity.

Dwight isn't the dominant force he used to be and his personality flaws become more evident each passing day.

2. rlgosnell

rlgosnell Member

these numbers are not accurate. see cw3k above.

players do not sign contracts based on tax implications. name 1 who has.

players dont make decisions on potential contracts 5 years down the road. they sign for as much as they can now and sort out the rest later. none of them know how the league and salary structure will change.

jennifer lawrence is over rated.

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I agree that players don't make contracts based on tax implications. I think they should, but that's beside the point. This definitely makes it more likely that Howard will stay in LAL.

Blasphemy!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. rlgosnell

rlgosnell Member

look she's attractive. shes more than do-able. but youre kidding yourself if you think shes not nina agdal's butch-y sister.

5. infinitidoug

infinitidoug Member

Would much rather spend that money on a PF to complete the front court. I like Asik, especially the way he plays as a rookie to the starting position. The PFs leaves much to be desired

6. TheGoldenGreek

[​IMG]

7. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Harden will show him around. HOTTYZ get your ambulances ready!

8. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

don't want him even if he wants to come here

9. rocketblood713

well well well .....Dwight Howard you can PISS OFF !!!

10. youngbuk28

youngbuk28 Member

I live in LA and deal with the Dwightmare on a daily basis. Dude is not mentally tough. His body is declining rapidly, he injures his shoulder every time the ball is stripped from him -- which happens about five times a game. He blames the media for the Lakers sucking. Dude is immature, under-performs, injury-prone, overpaid. If he acts like this in LA, where he's a small fish in a big pond, think how he's gonna act in H-Town. As much as I like what he brings to the table defensively, I would not give him a max contract.

11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

What I find interesting and exciting is that if Howard finds Houston more attractive, that means other star players are much more likely to as well. Bodes well for our future.

I don't even know who that is, but Lawrence is young, hot, supremely talented, rich, and seems like she would be cool to be around. There are hotter women out there when you're strictly talking body, but for the total package she's my #1 (tied with Natalie Portman).

I'm a loser

12. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

Do not want. He has regressed big time and has serious attitude issues.

13. ejarts

ejarts Member

he's injury prone. not really a good sign... we've learned enough with TAO and TMAC. I hope the management don't let history repeat itself... id rather make them take someone with proven durability, like hibbert from pacers. I hope they buy low varejao, for a bench guy, he's awesome.

its good to have Dwight but with his injury history, its gonna end in disappointment, YAO TMAC part 3.

14. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

Defensively, Dwight is not infinitely better than Asik. No, it's much closer than that. Rebounding-wise, I think it's actually quite close. Offensively, frankly speaking, Dwight ain't all that. But he is clearly a couple of notches better. It's the attitude, health, and chemistry that worries me. No doubt Howard might be an opportunity you just can not pass up, no matter what, but....

I'm so torn.... I'd say you'd have to get him. No question. But........ sigh~

15. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

Lol people judging women that are way out of their league to begin with.

16. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

This is a no brainer yes.

People saying they don't want him here are off thier rocker.

17. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

The vast majority of Dwight's "drama" is because of the fact that he can walk away from his team for nothing at the end of the year. That was the case in Orlando last year (until the deadline) and LA this year. I don't think he's a disruptive locker room guy if you look at his entire career. It's just the stuff he does gets blown up (and rightfully so) because of the implicit understanding of the leverage he holds.

I wouldn't discount his injury concerns -- they certainly need to be checked out. But if you're talking about signing him for four years this summer, I think a lot of the diva act would be a non-issue. At least for the first three years. :)

18. Zacatecas

Zacatecas Member

Howard is not going to leave 30 million dollars on the table.

The Lakers are basically telling Howard, "...we know you are motivated by lots of money, and that is your priority. We can offer you 30 million dollars more than anyone. If you want to leave, well don't let the door hit you on the way out. Lakers should be about 99.9999% sure that Howard will sign up with them again."

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Defensively he's much better too because he can protect the rim vertically.

I will give you though that Asik is not far behind defensively, but Dwight when he's at his best is a lot more mobile and vertical. That makes a big difference.

The only thing that worries me is his back. The attitude could be a issue but that's something that can change, he could get here and enjoy a more carefree nature of the team...but the back is something he can't really control.

20. Mariachi ROCKET

Dont want him or need him!!!!