1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard Aware That Houston Has Become More Attractive

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JoeBarelyCares, Feb 6, 2013.

?

Do you want Dwight Howard in free agency?

1. Yes, a Ho is hand is better than two in the bush

417 vote(s)
    52.7%
  2. Nah, lets get Lebron next year

374 vote(s)
    47.3%
  1. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

I'm kind of confused at the title for this thread. Shouldn't it be "Rockets are more attractive to Howard?" Since the Rockets being more attractive is not necessarily a fact which he can be aware of. Sorry for being a grammar nazi. I just get annoyed every time I see it.

2. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Well,... Its finally real and official...

Start the countdown...

3. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Oh, he made a choice alright. Tell me this wise guy, where do you see the rockets here:

D. Howard's preferred destinations, original list of three teams: (Brooklyn Nets, Lakers and Mavericks).
    Everyone knows that he felt he was too good to come to Houston. He did not want to be a Rocket at all. Houston was willing to take the risk that if they traded for him, they could convince him to stay, but Howard wanted NO part of Houston. His camp reportedly leaked that there was “not a chance” Howard would be persuaded to remain in Houston if traded here, and would leave in the summer to sign elsewhere.

Instead, he's in LA with Kobe and Nash - trying to challenge Miami??? Ha, now their just challenged to make the 8th spot.......LOL.

He will become a free agent on July 1, 2013. Will he go elsewhere or just take the extra 30 mil in guaranteed money from LA?:rolleyes: $$$

If he was not such a b****, he'd be a rocket and we'd be winning championships real soon.

#883 Tfor3, Mar 26, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
  4. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

This thread reminds me so much of Harden threads before the trade. For months, half the GARM didn't want to give Harden max. Some went as far as taking Lamb over Harden.

Every statistical measurement says when Dwight at his peak performance, he was at the same stratosphere as CP3 or LeBron. Those are the players will bring you championships.

Every fan base is made up with broad spectrum of fans. Some care more about team chemistry. Some wouldn't want a diva on their team. Some worry about the risks signing a max player. Those are valid reasons and worries for not wanting Dwight here. I fully respect that, but if we want the best chance of winning another chanpionship, with limited FA options this offseason, we have to make Dwight a #1 target.

3 people like this.
  5. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

What's that about?

6. jacoby

jacoby Member

Probably nothing, I just figured I shared.

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Jeremy Lin traded.

8. narcissusblind

narcissusblind New Member

I'd be interested to hear from a tax accountant or lawyer familiar with Texas and California income tax law. Am I right the income tax rate for high income earners in CA is
    ~50%? Taking into account tax reduction chicanery a good tax lawyer can rig, approximately how much income does Howard lose by signing in LA compared with zero income tax Texas? Does the ability to sign for an extra year make up for it?

9. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

Chandler.

10. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Harden.

11. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

Hmmmm... LeBron had to go get with two other star players (one of which who already won a championship) to get his ring. And how many rings Howard and CP3 have...???

I'd rather have Larry Sanders...

12. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Howard almost carried them to a championship. If Courtney Lee hit that layup, they probably would've won the series

13. basketballholic

I'm wondering if he is referring to Artest.

14. PainNoLove

PainNoLove Member

Larry Sanders doesn't have any rings either. No, we need a NBA champion here. Lets find a way to get Eddy Curry and Dominique Jones in here.

In fact, why don't we HAVE LUKE WALTON! 2 time NBA champion!

15. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

using your logic, how many rings does Larry Sanders have?

You use very strange logic.

16. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

I dunno many the got info that one of the players we have now is most likely going to be dealt in the off season to get that star player like cp3 or howard.

All I have to say is you guys can quote me....but you are crazy if you do not think it is at least possible they want to play for this team. I mean shoot how much better are the clippers then we are??? We are right there with them now, and we were put together on the flly this year NO CHEMISTRY ..3 new starters. Youngest team in the league. LAC 2nd year together tons of vets. They should be leaps and bounds better.

La...well look at em??

Anyways I still bet we get one if not both of cp3 and dh12. We will have to sign and trade lin and asik to do that though. Maybe he was telling asik that?

I know the organization loves him....loves loves him. I have heard them all say it. From the team, coaches, morey, gerson.

17. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

The poster I originally responded to says CP3 and DH12 brings championship. And my response is neither of those players have championship rings. Am I wrong or right...???

Yes Howard took a team to a championship IN A WATERED DOWN EASTERN CONFERENCE. But I strongly believe he will stay in L.A. and that team has a history of getting the players they want. And Howard has always wanted to be Hollywood and now he's in Hollywood and I don't see him turning down that extra $30 million that L.A. can give him. Of course I would love him to be a Rocket but logically I don't see that happening so I don't have my hopes up.

CP3 is a great point guard BUT he's a ball dominating point guard and Harden needs to be paired with a point guard who can play off the ball and catch and shoot and that's not Chris Paul. Because if CP3 was here we would be complaining about Harden standing in the corner...lol.. And I have no doubt that because they both like to dominate the ball, neither one of those guys want to be in the same backcourt with each other and CP wants to be paired with a scoring big man which he has in L.A. and I believe that's where he will stay so he can get that extra $30 million. Plus he's one knee bump away from missing 25 games.

I understand my logic may be stranged to you but I think it's strange that Rockets fans are still day dreaming about Howard when he's not coming, so that's why I threw Larry Sanders name in the hat... Why not...????

18. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

Exelent post!
    I remember some people wanted O.J. Mayo over Harden.
    And now some people want Sanders!!!!! over DH
    Howard must be the 1st target

19. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

Your logic is more than strange. So you strongly believe we have no chance at 2013 FA's, yet a better chance at someone who is still on rookie contract til 2014?

Who is the daydreamer here?

BTW Sanders, if anything, is a downgrade from Asik!

Thx!

20. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Suuuuupppp ERN!!? LOL @<a href="https://twitter.com/russwest44">russwest44</a> RT @<a href="https://twitter.com/kevinlove">kevinlove</a>: @<a href="https://twitter.com/jharden13">jharden13</a> SUP ERN!!??!?</p>&mdash; James Harden (@JHarden13) <a href="https://twitter.com/JHarden13/status/312603284609310720">March 15, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Pretty sure this means we're getting Love and Westbrook. Like 90% sure.

1 person likes this.