1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard Aware That Houston Has Become More Attractive

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JoeBarelyCares, Feb 6, 2013.

?

Do you want Dwight Howard in free agency?

1. Yes, a Ho is hand is better than two in the bush

417 vote(s)
    52.7%
  2. Nah, lets get Lebron next year

374 vote(s)
    47.3%
  1. roslolian

roslolian Member

Uh what? What kind of logic are you using? Past performance is never an indicator of future performance, esp. regarding players since they get old and deteriorate and every year.

Bringing up Howards past healthy seasons as a reason why he would recover from this injury doesn't really make sense, since his past health would have no effect on his current.

2. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

These are the same posters that want lamarcus aldridge even after he said publicly that he has back problems.

3. basketballholic

No. It's not. Do the math.

4. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

The logic called facts. The poster said Howard had 1 healthy season in his last 5. That's clearly not true.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He had 1 season where he played 80 or more games, clearly true.

6. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

As I said before, if you think playing 78 or 79 games means an unhealthy season, that's a fairly asinine standard.

7. Arthurprescott2

Has any player fully recovered from a back surgery in the NBA?

8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

1 person likes this.
  9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If I'm giving out max contracts to players in their prime, I want them playing at least 80 games, I'd prefer at least 82.

10. jacoby

jacoby Member

Don't feed the troll...

11. meh

meh Contributing Member

Don't know why people are comparing Howard to Yao. He seems much more a former Orlando superstar... T-Mac. Back issues that allows them to play but not at 100%, vintage T-Mac. And just as I said that I'd trade for T-Mac with 20/20 hindsight of his eventual demise, I would just as sign Howard even if he fails in 1 or 2 years of his 4yr deal.

I want my team to be a contender that can match up with the elite in the playoffs. Howard is capable of turning us into that team. It's unlikely any other FA can make the same case.

12. cml750

cml750 Member

If we do somehow get Howard, and he is by some chance actually healthy, is there any doubt he would sulk and pout unless he is the focal point of the offense. This from a guy with no post game other than dunking the ball.:(

13. Arthurprescott2

Good point.

Howard is a guy who doesn't want to run PnR w/ Steve Nash, the PnR master. Instead he wants touches in the post where he inevitably fumbles the ball since his footwork is on the level of Eddy Curry. He's too dumb to realize that his entire offense is predicated on PnR, alley-oops, and put-backs.

14. meh

meh Contributing Member

Wouldn't that mean McHale, the ultimate savvy post player, would be perfect to get into Howard's head on how he should play down low? Especially compared to Brown or D'Antoni?

15. RocketsFan11

RocketsFan11 Member

Ironic as it is, I think we might actually be the FRONT RUNNER for Dwight if he's a free agent, but do we want him? Asik has proven to be a more than capable center. I think we need a STUD PF more than Dwight at this point. And if we got what do we do with Asik, move him to PF?

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If we moved any of them to PF, it would be Howard, but that wouldn't happen either. I do think there is a chance the Rockets would be the front runner for him, but I personally don't want him for free. Let him go to the Mavs.

17. Arthurprescott2

Possibly - but that's assuming Howard gets healthy (major back surgery + torn labrum in right shoulder) - that's a major gamble that if it fails destroys this franchise for a good 4-5 years.

Even if he does get healthy, Dwight's gonna fix his footwork and develop a post game at age 28?

Add to that his well-publicized personality issues, and we're just piling gamble on top of gamble.

Why not go slowly, step-by-step with this team that has a solid, dependable, foundational player in Harden? Give this team a year to gestate, then add star #2 who doesn't have the glaring red flags.

Not saying it's going to happen but LBJ is FA in 2014, KLove can opt out, LMA will be an expiring, DMC becomes RFA, etc. There are other options out there if this team is patient. What's the rush?

18. Anxiety Trooper

You dumb brah

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, you're probably right. It was awesome having max contract players playing only 50 or 60 games a year during the Yao/Tmac days, let's go back to that.

20. basketballholic

Howard has expressed many times that he wanted to play with CP3 or DWill. Both of those guys are primarily PnR guys. Dwight's problem in LA is he is not getting total touches like he wants. He's not enjoying playing with Kobe dominating the ball. Dwight can't stand Pau. (If you don't believe me, look up their head to head matches.) And Steve is old. Dwight is not "the guy" as long as Kobe is there. And Pau is simply convoluting things for him, even when he's not playing.

On the other hand, Morey has a dream. Chris Paul, James Harden, and Dwight Howard. It's a long shot. But Morey's gonna take his shot.